Sorry........ebay thread...

Soldato
Hi,

I ordered a Mining Motherboard off Ebay almost 2 weeks ago, the buyer was listed as Litchfield and postage estimated as 11th October

The 11th came and went, nothing.

Tracking info pops up and it's coming from China!?

The tracking does actually get the board to notts via FedEx then out for delivery today.

I've not received it and nor have the neighbours.

Is this likely a dodgy scam where nothing was attempted to be delivered?

Hopefully Ebay will help?

thanks

Soldato
Time for me to notice that I answered the door and signed for it in my sleep? :D

What?

If it's "out for delivery" today, why would you assume it's a scam because it hasn't turned up by lunchtime? It might just turn up later today?

"Out for delivery" doesn't mean "delivered"

Soldato
OP
What?

If it's "out for delivery" today, why would you assume it's a scam because it hasn't turned up by lunchtime? It might just turn up later today?

"Out for delivery" doesn't mean "delivered"

Sorry I should have added, it's marked as delivered at 11am today. But my Wife and are are WFH, no knocks on door or packages thrown in Wheelie bins etc

Soldato
Sorry I should have added, it's marked as delivered at 11am today. But my Wife and are are WFH, no knocks on door or packages thrown in Wheelie bins etc

Would suggest asking FedEx for proof of delivery in that case in the first instance.

Next time when you mean 'it shows as delivered', it's helpful to actually write 'it shows as delivered' not 'out for delivery today' :p

Soldato
OP
There's a bit on their website that pops up a PDF of "proof" but it doesn't show much. No signature scan etc

I'm leaning towards scammed...... :(

But then the Ebay tracking still shows as out for delivery, could Fedex have dropped it with another courier? that seems weird?

Caporegime
They could have just sent an empty box to some random address in your area to get a tracking link? either way it sounds dodgy coming from China when it was supposed to be UK based. Wouldn't you have been liable for import duty if they had sent an expensive item from China?

Soldato
OP
The proof of delivery PDF has SIGNED FOR BY *my name* CVD

CVD? courier van driver?

I guess they wouldn't be able to show scans of signatures since we don't sign anymore. don't wanna catch the plague off their pen

Soldato
when you made the purchase can they really avoid acknowledging it is coming from China -- since they need to sort out the import duty/VAT.

I find any sites shipping from China normally have a tell of a UK flag on the ebay page ... but business details detail normally shows the true origin.

Back
Top Bottom