Sound Card for a digital connection to Cambridge Megaworks thx 250d speakers

Soldato
So I was doing some cleaning in the attic and found my old Megaworks speakers and I remember how good they sounded back in the days with a digital connection to my Creative X-Fi sound card.

I'm looking for a sound card that has a digital output on a standard 3.5mm connection as that's the only way to make a digital connection to the speakers. I cant use a x-fi card any more as my pc does not have a PCI slot. All the sound cards I have looked at only seem to have a Toslink digital out which is not good for what I want to do. Does such a sound card exist?

Soldato
OP
Cheers for the replies guys. Think I'll go with the adaptor option EsaT mentioned as they are really cheap as well.

Also just to mention, When I had the x-fi sound card I got noticeably better sound when using the digital out. Analogue out gave me a lot of hissing on this set of speakers so that's why I was thinking maybe try a digital option again. It's even mentioned in the manual that you may get hum and his noise if using analogue connection.

Back
Top Bottom