Sound help.

Soldato
Now i know this might possibly belong in a different section (sound) but im more likely to get a quicker more helpful response if i post it here (although feel free to move it mods if required)

I have at home a set of logitech Z-5500 speakers which i use on my TV (optical) /Media Centre (Direct 6 channel) PS3 (HDMI to TV then optical to speakers) xbox 360 (same as PS3)

Now i am wondering if there is any type of optical splitter that i can use so i can connect the PS3 direct the the surround sound to avoid having to go through the TV and avoid the hassle of swapping cables all the time? (as i think the quality is degraded because of the preamp in the TV)

any help or guidance on the best set up would be much appreciated.

mjd

mjd

Associate
Assuming I have understood i.e you want the option to switch between two optical signals into one receiver, then a toslink switch will do the job. can be had for peanuts. :)

Soldato
OP
Yeah i want to be able to plug multiple optical devices into the one set of speakers. A toslink switch eh? Ill have a nosy around to see what i can find. Are they all much of a muchness or will some be terrible quality wise? or effect sound quality at all? As i don't want to be taking a step back. If that makes sense?

mjd

mjd

Associate
As its optical I wouldnt have thought there is much to go wrong to be honest. I'm sure there are purists out there who will disagree, but it isnt anymore complicated than diverting the optical signal.

Back
Top Bottom