sound intermitting

Associate
Hi guys, new build problem...
I was watching a trailer on steam and the sound was going on and off literally 1-1.5 seconds like a stutter. I thought it was just a buffering problem so though nothing of it.
Went to watch a film in vlc and the same problem persists however if i stream the film to my ps3 sound is fine. Havnt got a clue where to start. Mobo is an asrock pro4 m, 3570k. Pc is connected to tv via hdmi.
Hope you can help.

Soldato
Hmm, I'd look at the task manager and see if anything else is running at the same time which could cause issues. Stop all unnecessary programs from running and try again.

If that fails, try starting in safe mode (tap f8 on boot to get to the boot menu) and try again. If it still occurs in safe mode it may be dodgy RAM. Try swapping sticks out

Soldato
Could well be the HDMI. Check that. Although it was my impression that HDMI carried audio along with the video data rather than it having a dedicatec channel, so any audio drops would be accompanied by video loss or deterioration, but you never know.

You can also plug in some headphones or earphones and see if it does the same over that. You will of course need to change the sound output device to do this.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi guys. Thanks for the replies. Ive just woken up so will get to work on your solutions although i think my first port of call will be my hdmi cable...its 4m long and cost me 3 quid on ebay ouch!!
Will report back asap.

Tried another hdmi, no dice grrrrr!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well guys i got it working. For whatever reason i a tried activating lcd overdrive and sound comes through perfect. Now its working id like to know why its working and what role lcd overdrive is playing through ccc?

Back
Top Bottom