Soundbar recommendations <1000mm, good for music

Soldato
Does it time align all four subs? That would be pretty important. Unless you stack all four subs vertically.

Yeah, have to be placed along the same wall though. Although 4 subs with a mini is going to be overkill haha! Rumours floating around that the rear speakers will finally come in 2024 anyway. Can't really see anyone using more than 2 subs with the bars realistically.

Soldato
OP
it's also up-firing which makes placement a lot easier.
I was trying to find this out last time I went down the soundbar rabbit hole. That’s good news as I fancy putting the sub next to the sofa where it’s more out of the way, and not next to the adjoining wall with our neighbours.
I'm currently running the Ambeo plus with Sennheiser's subwoofer, although I'm replacing the sub with a Kef KC62 so I'll sell you my sub for cheaper if you wish haha ;)
I presume you will have to wire that Kef? I’d be tempted re the sub depending on how long you’ve had it etc and what you want for it! Don’t generally buy second hand mind.. once you get over a certain price point I’d rather have a nice warranty etc.

Edit: and yes if they release rear speakers (seems likely) maybe I could have that argument with my girlfriend too :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I was trying to find this out last time I went down the soundbar rabbit hole. That’s good news as I fancy putting the sub next to the sofa where it’s more out of the way, and not next to the adjoining wall with our neighbours.

I presume you will have to wire that Kef? I’d be tempted re the sub depending on how long you’ve had it etc and what you want for it! Don’t generally buy second hand mind.. once you get over a certain price point I’d rather have a nice warranty etc.

Edit: and yes if they release rear speakers (seems likely) maybe I could have that argument with my girlfriend too :D

There's a wireless module available for the Kef which I am going to use. Someone on the FB group runs a plus with dual Kef KC62's using the wireless modules. However, isn't compatible with the Mini still, although not sure you would pair a £1600 sub with a £500 soundbar hah.

Can you not fit the plus where the TV is at all? Plus is 41.5" in width I believe.

Soldato
OP
Can you not fit the plus where the TV is at all? Plus is 41.5" in width I believe.
It might just scrape into the alcove but the tv is only 933mm wide so in my opinion it’d just look daft having a soundbar wider than the tv.

It’s a small terraced house with the lounge only 4.5m wide so there’s really no need for anything bigger or more powerful.

Soldato
It might just scrape into the alcove but the tv is only 933mm wide so in my opinion it’d just look daft having a soundbar wider than the tv.

It’s a small terraced house with the lounge only 4.5m wide so there’s really no need for anything bigger or more powerful.

Fair enough. Maybe try the Mini on its own to begin with then and see how you get on. Link above is a bargain if still available :)

Soldato
OP
Fair enough. Maybe try the Mini on its own to begin with then and see how you get on.
But my other half is the sort of person that is perfectly happy with listening to music through our tiny Google Minis. If I make do with the soundbar on it's own at first, she'll definitely argue that we dont need a sub :p

Soldato
But my other half is the sort of person that is perfectly happy with listening to music through our tiny Google Minis. If I make do with the soundbar on it's own at first, she'll definitely argue that we dont need a sub :p

When were you thinking of buying it if you go ahead?

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
Well guys I’ve had the Ambeo Mini for a few days now and really liking it. I’ve been stuck with tv speakers for over 6 months though so a tin can would have sounded better. But as luck would have it our neighbours were away for Christmas so I was allowed to chuck it on a decent volume when watching Saltburn (decent film, thoroughly enjoyed). Also added it as a speaker to my Google Home setup and seems to work without and problems in that respect. Music sounds decent as well, but I’ve also been using Nest Minis for a year or so as comparison!

The sub is coming refurbished from Sennheiser in the new year so that’ll be interesting to hear the difference. All in all very happy but two questions-

1- The Ambeo should respond to “ok Google” shouldn’t it? Doesn’t seem to work, what do I need to switch on?

2- More importantly, I want to mount the tv (Panasonic LZ980 42”) to the wall on a moveable arm, and mount the soundbar underneath it so it moves/points with the telly. What sort of brackets do I need for this? :)

Back
Top Bottom