Soup Makers.

Soldato
Have been making soup for a few years now,favourite is broccoli and Stilton.

Have been making it with 2 saucepans,one for the broccoli and one foir the potatoes,then they both go in the blender.

Was getting bored with washing up so much stuff for a bowl of soup so i have ordered one of these...http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00D474HDW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Seems to do well in a youtube video here..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiOtxmV1HWM

I will give a better review once it gets here,im off work this week so will have plenty of time to make a few soups.

Anyone else got a soup maker ?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
That one looks better designed than the Morphy Richards one my brother has that I used at New Year. The design was terrible as you had to fill the thing first then try to force the blender part through the ingredients before you could use it. The soup turned out pretty good though.

My main issue was the size. We made butternut squash soup (one of my favourites) but the thing wasn't big enough to use a whole squash and had to be done in 2 batches. We would have been quicker making it in a pan and hand blending it :rolleyes:

I prefer to make soup in big batches and freeze it in portions. One of these may come in handy for making small batches in a hurry but, for me, it'd be one of those things that just sat in a cupboard gathering dust so I'll stick to the old fashioned method.

Soldato
OP
99% of the time it's just me,my daughter stays every weekend and this will be more than enough for both of us,if I have guests then it's the old method :)

Soldato
I just use a hand blender in a saucepan.

Size wise, how big is the pan? :D

this - made a large pot of sweet potato and chilli soup yesterday, then just blitzed it with a hand blender left over from when the kids where young and you have to blitz their food down.

Spend £40 on a larger pot and a hand blender!:D:D

Associate
I got one of the Morphy Richards ones as a gift (off my mum, who swears by them). I've used hers and it's fine in the sense that it makes reasonable soup, but using a pan and hand blender is so easy already I can't justify making any space in my kitchen for it.

It's still in the box :p

Soldato
Have been making it with 2 saucepans,one for the broccoli and one foir the potatoes,then they both go in the blender.

Why are you using two pans if it's all going into the blender? I make potato and leek using two. One for the potatoes, whites of the leek (and some added onion for taste) which goes in to the blender. The greens of the leek are finely chopped and fried in garlic and butter and added after the blitzing

Soldato
OP
Made my first soup yesterday.

Was so much better in my eyes,one item to wash up,very very easy to make,put the ingredients in,turn on and 25 mins later its done.

Made a broccoli,Stilton,potato,basil and onion soup.

Was perfect,nice and hot,had the machine set on thick and it was just that,will be using it quiet a bit now.

its also a coffee grinder,steamer,juicer ect.

Well chuffed with it and will be used a lot from now on.

Soldato
OP
Made a leak and butternut squash soup yesterday for me and my daughter,she loved helping as its so easy to do.

going to make another one today with mixed veg.

Back
Top Bottom