Source engine games and Low rates

Caporegime
Im sure plenty of you play CS:S and Day of defeat.

The age old talk about "rate hacking" or slowing down the time it takes for your packets to come in can make you pretty hard to hit, but still allows you to return fire and kill them.

Is that a fair discription of it?

Its not somethign that really bothers me too much, as some people can never play fairly and always do what ever they can to get the upperhand.

I just want to know for sure if what i wrote above is true, slightly true or completely untrue.

Anyway it was 1 nasty bloke that was almost impossible to hit even when stationary, and yeah im not missing that much im pretty good at DOD so dont tell me that i cant aim :O lol. THe other 7 people on his team seemed to die fast enough.

SO when i said a sly, "get some rates" comment he replied no i play better like this...... grrrrr anyway! ill get over it :)

Associate
ive just installed my steam account again,and have never really played css.but have wondered if ill give it some,

except of the hacking ive heard about,for this game.Idoubt ill bother now what with this kind of stuff still going on.I mean really.should i bother?

Caporegime
OP
yeah bother its a good game. Its not rampant and im probably wrong and just got "Pwned" (but i didnt :))

wait for the morning and a CS pro to come on here and school me on it

Soldato
heh, good old rates. Being an admin was fun, nearly everyone, say 80% has odd rates. Quick admin bind to set everyone to 20k 100 100 and all the huff was sorted.

Best advice? Keep yourself to the norm rates, play on a good server thats admined properly. Only way around it :)

Associate
I as I under stand it having low rates makes you miss as much as it makes peope miss you, how ever if your playing style is to run in with the p90 spraying some of the bullets will get through, where as the other guy might go for a 2 bullet head shot and hit nothing.

Caporegime
OP
Psypher5 said:
heh, good old rates. Being an admin was fun, nearly everyone, say 80% has odd rates. Quick admin bind to set everyone to 20k 100 100 and all the huff was sorted.

Best advice? Keep yourself to the norm rates, play on a good server thats admined properly. Only way around it :)

Hehe yeah i try to but its so obvious when you bump into 1 abusing it now and then... Its not that bad in DOD:S

Back
Top Bottom