South Park - The stick of truth

PoD

PoD

Associate
Just finished the game as a Mage. Everything done.

I was pushing over 10,000 points damage with my sword by the end of the game.

The story is spot on, the gameplay is spot on and the game left me wanting more.

Easily game of the year so far

Caporegime
This is 29.99 on GMG, just bought it (I was waiting until someone I considered a legit CD seller to come along and have it on offer)

I didn't agree with paying 40, but at 29.99, it's an epic game, it's bought.

Caporegime
I've hit a bug that keeps happening in the mini games with the vacuum, it will keep sucking and you can't do anything else. Doesn't even cause the computer to lose a chip. None of the buttons work either.

Will see if there's a patch

EDIT : Patch fixed it & using keyboard instead of Gamepad for just that minigame

Last edited:
Caporegime
Completed it, gutted as it was so so Good! Best game in some time :D

Clipboard01.jpg

Associate
Just finished this as a Jew, its a great game. I'm going through it again as a Mage - takes some time at an hour here and there but well worth it. I don't get a lot of time for games, these days, but this is one of the few where the lulz have been abundant.

The SP humour is fantastic, very few bugs, here's hoping for some cereal dlc.

fwiw: it was £40 on Steam, and I missed the discounts going about early days, but got it for £30 on the rainforest. Couldn't complain, on replay value alone.

Caporegime
Hmm, I really don't get the combat at all in this game.

It starts off really, really easy to the point where you don't have to know what you're doing. Any attack will work. But now, since I got back from the UFO, suddenly nothing will die (before I do).

It seems that weapons, even the highest level ones I have found/bought, do hardly any damage at all. This is especially true against bosses, where I'm doing 1 damage per hit! That can't be right. Bosses have 1000+ HP and I'm doing 1 damage with a perfect hit. I mean, c-c-come on.

The only thing that hurts them seems to be status attacks? The enemies do a ton of damage without perfect blocking (which frankly, I can't do. I've tried, I can't get the timing right at all, so most attacks aren't blocked. Tried to compensate with lots of healing patches on armour).

I think I'd be OK (even without being able to block), if I could make my weapons do some damage. But I'm really not sure what's going on, when both my (Jew) weapons, and buddy weapons (Timmy, Butters, Stan) consistently do 1 damage to bosses?

Like I said - I've got the highest level weapons I can find/buy. I'm not using level 1 gear. Please don't suggest that I "find better gear" because I have the stuff for my level, and I've explored (looted) everywhere. It seems that doing 1 damage is *not* the fault of the gear I'm using, because I've tried various loadouts, and they all do 1 damage against bosses.

Something is not right here. Bleeding, vomitting, etc, can do a few hundred damage per round, but my trouble is I'm dead before I can stack enough of it.

It's strange. The game was sooooooo easy for the longest time, then suddenly, brick wall and unable to hurt stuff? Anyone else find this?

How vital is blocking btw? I simply cannot get the timing right because there are no visual clues as to what is coming. So yeah, I manage to block about 1/5 hits, and it's brutal :p

Associate
If they have armour, each hit will do 1 damage and remove 1 shield icon, so you need to open with a rapid multi-hit attack, then use your big single hits once the shields are down I think.

I do recall there being some real difficulty spikes in the combat.

Blocking is very handy if you manage to get the hang of it - saves you refilling on heal potions all the time, and for some bosses it's the difference between a death or survivial.

Caporegime
I am stuck killing Al Gore... he is tough!

That's where I am atm. The game forces you to kill him, because if you don't, it keeps interrupting you with his annoying messages. You literally can't ignore him.

e: bar darts with fire and bleeding make this fight trivial. The general advice to stack fire/bleeding/gross damage is super effective.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom