Southampton union president threatens to paint over war memorial (warning Daily Fail/SJW thread)

Caporegime
@Diddums how about this one, I reckon this is the frothiest one in recent days, reported in various publications but I selected the Daily Fail's story especially. :)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ed-paint-war-memorial-mural-leave-notice.html
The [censored word] who promised to paint over a war memorial because it 'shows only white men' has been 'put on leave' from her £20,000-a-year students' union post.

University of Southampton Students' Union president Emily Dawes provoked outrage when she branded the World War One Rotherstein Mural a 'mural of white men'.

After a vice president of the union tweeted Dawes is 'on leave until further notice' controversial claims emerged that the then president had sent an unsolicited nude picture of herself to more than 200 students.

Students allegedly complained after Dawes sent a naked photo to a group chat which was used for discussing coursework and making uni-related jokes.

Not only did this oxygen thief threaten to vandalise a war memorial depicting a WW1 soldier earning his degree but she apparently sent a pic of her lady parts to a group chat containing 200 students... I suspect if it were a male student sending a pic of his junk, part covered with an emoji or not, he'd be facing disciplinary action for that alone.

also:

Ms Dawes, whose family live in Virginia in the US, previously attended the £5,000-a-term Northwood College for Girls in north London, according to her LinkedIn page.

Odds on her having unironically ranted about "privilege" etc.. in the past?

Can’t we just shoot these people? What with humans taking over the world and these idiots having a voice I reckon we could kill two birds with one stone.

Saw this story few weeks ago when her account was open, but she's a man heating, white hating racist. The fact she can get away with it is really sad. Twitter doesn't care, since she's a "leftie".

She got totally destroyed over twitter, even the Uni and the Student Union distanced themselves from her and did damage control, while she did a crap ass apology which was a screenshot of her saying sorry, instead of typing it herself.

The scary thing is she isn't alone, there is 1000's of her all over Twitter.

Last edited:
You will be very unsurprised to discover that she was also the president of the university feminist society. I know.....a feminist. Shocking eh.

As ridiculous as her behaviour has been (there’s absolutely no defending it) surely this story is a win for all of those decrying SJWs?

Southampton Uni staff and students alike were steadfast in condemning her, and flatly refused to entertain her stupid idea.

If this had been an American university, the story may have turned out differently, but I think this example goes to show that the ‘take over’ by feminists and SJWs isn’t as pervasive as many on these forums would like us to believe.

I'm local so I've seen this story crop up in our local echo and was wondering when it would find its way here (it's been at least a week sort it out guys). I see as a win for sensibleness as no one has sided with her at all, even a local MP waded in and condemned it. She is on leave but there is a petition to get her removed from her post as well which is the last article has about 20,000 signatures.

Back
Top Bottom