Speaker Position

Soldato
I am just measuring up where everything is going to be in my new living room based on the furniture being used.

I have calculated that my front (2020i's) and centre speaker (2000Ci) will be 61cm from the floor and the bottom of my TV (48H6400) will be 78cm from the floor. This is based on the TV unit being 61cm high and the centre speaker which is having to sit on top being 16cm high.

With this in mind at what height should I wall mount my surround speakers (2010i's). I am thinking that the bottom of the speakers should be higher than the fronts and am thinking of having them just above the top of the sofa that will be along the same wall. The Sofa is 84cm so I was thinking setting the bottom at 100cm.

Any advise welcome.

Soldato
If you were installing a THX certified system, or a Dolby Atmos system with top/bottom speakers, it might make a small percentage difference to the sound, but just for standard 5.1, it won't make a huge difference IMO.
Just install them at about eye level when you are sat (approx if you have nothing to sit on that is the same as the sofa). Also make sure there is nothing between you and the speakers (chair arms, cupboards etc).

Soldato
OP
I think you might have over thought this OP :)

You might be right. Well its all done now anyway as I drilled the holes for the mounts this evening (very impressed by the performance of my Fatmax cordless hammer drill into my solid walls). I have decided to mount them at 120cm off the floor with a slight downward angle. I thought about going higher but it just seemed wrong and anything lower just looked kind of odd when I held the mounts in place.

Soldato
OP
Speakers are positioned as

20170329_183543_zpsuubkmfp0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom