Speakers and room size

Associate
Hi,

I am looking to purchase some new speakers, I was thinking of getting

Creative Inspire 7.1 T7900 Speakers - Retail
or
Logitech Z-5500 THX® Certified 5.1 505 Watts Speakers - Retail

It is cheap and seems to get good reviews, I do play games but mostly mmorpg's with occasional css and I also play some good graphical games just for pure novelty really. like stalker etc. I spend a large amount of my time listening to music, even when im playing mmorpg's. So im not entirely sure if to even get a 7.1 system.

My room is really small, and I was just wondering, would you recommend spending more money on a more powerful set of speakers, or just stick to the cheaper set. Also my neighbours might complain if speakers get too loud or bassy.

I want a loud and clear sound, nothing that gets distorted, crisp sounds, good mid range and outstanding subwoofer. I listen to mostly trance music, and some metal when im in the mood.

Please give some advice on what speakers to buy. and if it is worth spending the extra 100 pounds on more wattage.

Thanks in advance.

Roger

Last edited:
I'm into breaks so I like my bass loud, filthy and deep. Those 5500's have amazing sound (especially bass) for a set of pc speakers. You can also turn them up to 100% volume without distortion.
As for your neighbors, they are very loud speakers. If you're worried about disturbing them, maybe consider a really nice high end headset instead?

yea I dont mind them being not as loud. I just want a good ratio of quality and loudness levels so say I still get ok quality when its rly down at night, and during the day when I can have it up a bit more. Im really worried about the sound quality thats why im willing to spend 100 more pounds on the Logitech.

-Tripnologist, I had a nice headset but they just dont cut it. I had medusa and some other more expensive one, it just gets really annoying having stuff over ** ears. switching me off from the rest of the world. I like breakbeat too :cool:. So how loud do you have your speakers and whats your room like?

The Z5500's are very loud and worth the money, they have decent sound quality, they need some tweeters though.

I dont know about needing bigger speakers to fill a room, at my college there was this big classroom, and on the wall there was 2 tiny speakers, 5" cones I rekon, maybe 4, and that managed to fill the room with all the frequencys, I was like, woash they are well powerfull for what they are :O

Your Dog Sucks said:
So how loud do you have your speakers and whats your room like?

I don't actually own a set. When I lived in Canada I was a computer technician and we had a pair set up in the shop I worked at. Was a fair sized shop and they sounded great. I'm sure they'd sound even better in a smaller room. The bass would be crazy.

It wasn't quite as good as the two 12" tower and two 8" loudspeakers I had set up with my computer but very nice none the less. I wouldn't hesitate to pick them up if I was looking for a nice set of computer speakers.

Back
Top Bottom