Spec check for friend plz

Associate
Hi there, a mate of mine has spec'd himself up a new pc. Can anyone tell me of any mistakes or possible compatability issues with it please?

Here it is:

Case: Akasa AK-ZEN-01-BK Zen Black Case

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA_965P_DS3 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2

Cpu: Intel Core 2 DUO E6600 "LGA775 Conroe" 2.40GHz (1066FSB)

Cpu cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler

Ram: GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC6400C5 800MHz Value DDR2 Dual Channel Kit

Graphics: BFG GeForce 8800 GTS OC 320MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI

PSU: OCZ ModStream 520w ATX2.2 Power Supply

HDD: Samsung SpinPoint T HD400LJ 400GB SATA-II 8MB Cache

Total price for the above is about £785inc Vat

I know he could get a cheaper cpu and clock it up but he doesn't overclock at the moment, so he's set on the 6600.

Is there anything out of place or does that all look ok? I cant see anything that sticks out as being incompatable, but then I'm no expert!!

Many thanks for any input.

EDIT: hdd now changed to: Western Digital Caviar SE16 400GB 4000KS SATA-II 16MB Cache

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Tombo said:
Looks good but I would go with a PC7+ and a 16MB cache hard drive.

Ahh never noticed that on the hardrive, will tell him to get that changed now.
As for case he's just after a cheap one that will do the job and the Zen has had some good reviews and at £30 it seems to fit the bill.

Many thanks.

Soldato
dale1uk said:
Ahh never noticed that on the hardrive, will tell him to get that changed now.
As for case he's just after a cheap one that will do the job and the Zen has had some good reviews and at £30 it seems to fit the bill.

Many thanks.

Just moved a system into my spare Zen, its a good case, you won't find another to the same quality for the same price, plus it includes fans.... and space for 1 more (80mm though) on the side panel (if you want it).

Remember to put the PSU in before the mobo though.... or you might have trouble.

Associate
OP
t31os said:
Just moved a system into my spare Zen, its a good case, you won't find another to the same quality for the same price, plus it includes fans.... and space for 1 more (80mm though) on the side panel (if you want it).

Remember to put the PSU in before the mobo though.... or you might have trouble.

Yeh reports on the zen seem very good for the price, and that fact that you say it comes with fans is always a good thing.
Oh and thanks for the advice on putting the psu in first, he'a a bit of a newbie when it comes to building it so that will come in handy.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom