Visual Studio
Light-room
Python
Program Complies

General Usage Together is:
Foreground: Gaming
background tasks: Spotify/Youtube/Compiling/Light-room Exports

current PC: 1800x + 16GB ram 1080ti
usage CPU is 90-95% Ram is 50-70/80% with peaks higher.

Spec in my head thus far:
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,652.86 (includes shipping: £14.10)​

Associate
Soldato
I see that BeQuiet cooler isn't listed as TR4 compatible. I'm waiting for version II of the Enermax Liqtech to be released. The rest of it looks pretty good.
Any thoughts about making use of NVME raid?Could be fun to play with :)

Soldato
So Going TR build for the following Use cases:
Gaming
Visual Studio
Light-room
Python
Program Complies

General Usage Together is:
Foreground: Gaming
background tasks: Spotify/Youtube/Compiling/Light-room Exports

current PC: 1800x + 16GB ram 1080ti
usage CPU is 90-95% Ram is 50-70/80% with peaks higher.

Spec in my head thus far:
Total: £2,652.86 (includes shipping: £14.10)

So is this going to replace your current pc ?

Soldato
If only there was a TR4 bracket in his spec :D

A bracket doesn't add it to BeQuiets compatibility list ;) besides which does it even cover the entire IHS? I'd at least go for a solution that does, obviously full on water loop is the best bet. Really depends if serious overclocking is intended, especially with the second gen TR chips. Amazing the power draw on those especially the 32 core. Most of the motherboards can't cope with it!

Soldato
OP
So is this going to replace your current pc ?

Yes, The 1800X will go to the GF

And can i have the old one :D
No :p

A bracket doesn't add it to BeQuiets compatibility list ;) besides which does it even cover the entire IHS? I'd at least go for a solution that does, obviously full on water loop is the best bet. Really depends if serious overclocking is intended, especially with the second gen TR chips. Amazing the power draw on those especially the 32 core. Most of the motherboards can't cope with it!

totally agree but was watching a Video comparing the AIO on TR 7 the bequiet was cooler.... (see if i can dig it up), but other than the AIO can you see anything worth changing?

@8 Pack - Quick Q: Is it worth getting 32Gb of your 3600mhz? OCUK will be building this. They mentioned they cannot guarantee getting 3200 to Run. just thought i would ask your advice on how likely 3600 would work as you played with TR2 a fair bit with your Memory

Total: £2,649.87 (includes shipping: £14.10)

Last edited:
Soldato

It will fit though is what I meant. Of course it would be better to go with one that does cover the whole IHS to get max cooling potential.

Back
Top Bottom