Spec me a 27" Monitor sub £200

Associate
Does he have poor eyesight? Because that resolution at that size of a monitor will make everything (including text) look huge (good if your eyesight is poor) but also not very sharp (pixelated, bad if you have good eyesight).

I think the BenQ GW2760HS would serve your father well. At this size of a screen I'd stay away from tn-panels and their viewing angle limitations. White/grey like on most of the Google sites will look different at the top of the screen compared to the bottom of the screen on a tn-panel.
The monitor I'm suggesting has a panel of the A-MVA variety. This will give you better viewing angles and much deeper blacks. It might be worth it to make a request in the product request forums for the BenQ GW2760HE, it's the successor of the monitor and should be slightly cheaper.

tftcentral.co.uk's review of the monitor is well worth the read

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Any 27" monitor would be fine for his use mate :)

Does he have poor eyesight? Because that resolution at that size of a monitor will make everything (including text) look huge (good if your eyesight is poor) but also not very sharp (pixelated, bad if you have good eyesight).

I think the BenQ GW2760HS would serve your father well. At this size of a screen I'd stay away from tn-panels and their viewing angle limitations. White/grey like on most of the Google sites will look different at the top of the screen compared to the bottom of the screen on a tn-panel.
The monitor I'm suggesting has a panel of the A-MVA variety. This will give you better viewing angles and much deeper blacks. It might be worth it to make a request in the product request forums for the BenQ GW2760HE, it's the successor of the monitor and should be slightly cheaper.

tftcentral.co.uk's review of the monitor is well worth the read

Perfect! I will order the BenQ monitor. His eyesight isn't great, so hopefully this should help. He's coming from a 21.5" iMac and I always see him leaning forward to read the text.

Thanks again!

Associate
You're welcome, don't forget to put the brightness on the monitor waaaaay down. It's at 100 by default, the one tftcentral.co.uk got they turned down all the way to 12. What will be comfortable for you depends on your rooms natural lightning but it will be lower than 100 for sure.

Associate
Just to add that I run a 27" @ 1920x1080 and you do not notice pixelation on text, at least I don't, even if for example a web page is magnified... ;)

Back
Top Bottom