Spec me a 4k screen please

Soldato
I'm considering buying a new 43" 4k screen to pair up with my X34a. I would use it for games that don't support 21:9 and watching football & movies.

Budget is probably around £700 max, although I don't expect to have to go that high. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Associate
Are you sensitive to PWM*? The only TVs using direct current are Sony. Almost every PC monitor produced in the last few years is flicker free, for good reason.

Sadly the only suitable TVs are the Sony KD43XE8004 (IPS Panel) or Sony KD43XD8088 (VA Panel), neither of which are cheap compared to their alternatives.

*Everyone is sensitive tbh and those claiming otherwise are damaging their nervous system unknowingly, but that's a separate discussion.

Soldato
OP
Are you sensitive to PWM*? The only TVs using direct current are Sony. Almost every PC monitor produced in the last few years is flicker free, for good reason.

Sadly the only suitable TVs are the Sony KD43XE8004 (IPS Panel) or Sony KD43XD8088 (VA Panel), neither of which are cheap compared to their alternatives.

*Everyone is sensitive tbh and those claiming otherwise are damaging their nervous system unknowingly, but that's a separate discussion.

My budget could stretch to the Sony's. Thanks for the info.

Soldato
OP
Almost pulled the trigger on the IPS Sony above (KD43XE8004 @£589) when I saw this one KD43XE7093BU on a one day special (5hrs left) @ £399.

Any reason not to go for it (appreciate I may not get a reply in time :p).

Soldato
OP
I'm looking at these again, and just wanted to resurrect as I'm on the hunt for suggestions. I see the Sony KD43XE8004 is still available at £539 from Amazon. Is this still the best choice at the 43" size?

I've ruled out OLED as I can't go to 55" in the office I use.

I don't want landed with a Supermarket grade flop!

Caporegime
I had the LG 43" briefly and really liked it, low input lag too. Only reason I took it back is because Gsync has spoiled me rotten :(

I don't know why, but I find TV gaming through the PC to be a real let-down. Just not responsive enough imo, but again I'm comparing it to a FaF Gsync screen so it's slightly unfair.

I don't know if it's the DP connection, but I found the LG to sit between a Gsync screen and a TV in terms of PC gaming (I tried a 43" 4k Phillips and a 55" B7 OLED).

Soldato
OP
I had the LG 43" briefly and really liked it, low input lag too. Only reason I took it back is because Gsync has spoiled me rotten :(

I don't know why, but I find TV gaming through the PC to be a real let-down. Just not responsive enough imo, but again I'm comparing it to a FaF Gsync screen so it's slightly unfair.

Which specific model is that, is it the LG 43UJ670V? The lack of Gsync is not an issue as I'm using this in addition to my X34a.

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
Benq 3270U with HDR really nice cost me 470£ 32 inches hooked upto a 1080ti FE and a Ryzen 1800X. thing is really nice. followed the review on Tomshardware and used their calibrations, jobs a good un. allthough the wife aint happy as this is the 2nd monitor ive bought in 3 months, shes going skippy :p

Back
Top Bottom