"spec" me a board - LGA775.

Associate
Hey,

I am looking for a new motherboard, ideally one with 3x PCI-E slots.

Current specifications

MSI Neo-F P43 motherboard.
Image: http://www.ixbt.com/mainboard/msi/p43-neo-f/board-rear.jpg
8800GTX

Future uses

The ability to be able to use at least 4 monitors.

To achieve this i was thinking if i got a board with 3 PCI-E, i can easily add two PCI-E cards in there, with the room for a 3rd later on. (I need a lot of monitor work space.)

It needs to be a LGA775 board so that i can use my E5200 (I don't need a processor upgrade), also DDR2 RAM.

Ideally, the cheaper the better.

If you're feeling adventurous you can also spec a graphics card, ideally one that doesn't need power, (Just runs off the PCI-E slot), all is has to do is run 2x 22X monitors, 1080p ea.

Thanks!

Soldato
Go with the Asus, I've built a few machines at work around the MSI Neo-F and its really not that great, even on a stock system.

I used to have a MSI Neo2-FR, and that was the best board I've ever owned. If you can, try to find one. Otherwise what about a 2nd hand Gigabyte DS3?

Associate
OP
Looks like i'll be opting for that motherboard. I'll leave suggestions open for 24 more hours. Then i can still catch the deal. :)

Associate
OP
Purchased. £84, with the ridiculous £8 postage. Thanks again for banning my 2 year old over 1,000 post account for no reason and refusing a reply. Really nice of you.

Back
Top Bottom