Spec me a build for 2-2.5k

Associate
Been out the game for ages and last time i ordered the parts i needed to buy another cpu just to flash the mobo and get my purchased cpu working :D

Help me :D

I'd like to go for a 4080 at least. PC used for gaming and browsing only. Got a 4k projector and 1440 120hz monitor.

£420 (incl. VAT)
£350 (incl. VAT)
FREE DELIVERY
£999 (incl. VAT)
£930 (incl. VAT)
£120 (incl. VAT)
£104 (incl. VAT)
FREE DELIVERY
£160 (incl. VAT)
£100 (incl. VAT)
This is why i asked! thanks

Not sure what to do i think the pc is not long for this world, heard some very worrying noises from it recently under load. How long would i need to wait for new card etc?

How long would i need to wait for new card etc?
Probably the end of the year. RDNA 4 might be sooner than that.

One alternative is to buy a stopgap card like a 4070 non-Super or 7800 XT, which are capable of 1440p pretty comfortably and can be pushed to 4K (especially with upscaling). They're both starting to dip under £450, which isn't bad for the performance.

You can still get a 6800 non-XT for £370 too, which again can handle 4K when pushed.

Last edited:
At £2k most of the parts select themselves (7800X3D, 64Gb ram, 2Tb SSD etc), the only decision is between which video card you to go with namely the 7900 XTX or a RTX 4080 Super. The 7900 XTX is a bit faster at traditional raster but applying Ray Tracing the 4080 Super is a good 25% stronger at 4k plus you have access to DLSS upscaling.

It’s not a great time to buy a 4080 as it’s meant to soon be replaced and is pretty poor value.
Me: someone who just bought a 4080 Super last month

pedro-monkey-puppet.gif

Last edited:
Me: someone who just bought a 4080 Super last month

pedro-monkey-puppet.gif
Don't feel bad I got one last week, for one the new cards are not here, two they might cost more, 3 I might no be here when they come, life is to short to wait for the next best thing but I can understand why people just wait.

Don't feel bad I got one last week, for one the new cards are not here, two they might cost more, 3 I might no be here when they come, life is to short to wait for the next best thing but I can understand why people just wait.
Yeah totally agree with you. Who knows how much the cards may be as you said and I'm mindful that I'd always be waiting for "the next one". I had a GTX 1070 before so regardless I've had a huge upgrade and I'm really enjoying my new build :)

Yeah totally agree with you. Who knows how much the cards may be as you said and I'm mindful that I'd always be waiting for "the next one". I had a GTX 1070 before so regardless I've had a huge upgrade and I'm really enjoying my new build :)
Same as me :)

Back
Top Bottom