Spec me a build for a photographer £2000

Associate
Hey guys after some advice as been out the game since x99 landed.

So a good friend of mine has asked me to build him a pc tower only. for max budget of £2000
He is going to be using it for work as he's now a full time photographer.

He doesn't want a massive gaming tower with flashing lights. so I was thinking "silverstone tj08b-e" micro atx or midi tower size build.

What i would really appreciate is some help choosing parts inside to give him the best performace that someone using raw photo images would need and encoding short videos.
Note; I do have a preference to asus motherboards and intel cpu's rightly or wrongly.

Thanks in advace. Advice much appreciated.

Soldato
A lot of things today come with lights so you'll have to turn them off or just set to non-gaudy white light/no flashing.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £2,008.44
(includes shipping: £14.70)

The MSI Micro-ATX board is a place-holder for the Asus Rog Strix Z370-G Gaming, which is not available in the UK just yet, I believe. No other Asus Z370 Micro-ATX boards at present.

2 x fast M.2 NVME SSDs, one for Windows and programs, the second for Cache etc for all his photo/video-editing programs, i.e. Scratch disk. Heatsinks for both of them so they don't throttle (or much).

2 different HDDs to lessen odds of bad luck with a bad batch. One for raw file library and final export storage, and the other for back-up (he should have more back-up in the form of external drive and cloud or other). If he needs larger size HDD he could get a GTX 1060 6GB instead.

Extra fan added for rear. The 2 x Phanteks 140mm can go at the front.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom