Spec me a Candybar phone

Caporegime
Yes, a candy bar. Not a sliding, swivelling touch screen flip phone with a built in Rubik's cube. I want an old fashioned candy bar.

Requisites:

GPS (if possible)
WiFi
A good camera
A nice big screen
Must be able to view youtube videos
Good internet capabilities

Does such thing exist?

I will put up with a Slider if I have to as I quite liked my old SE W850.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes, a candy bar. Not a sliding, swivelling touch screen flip phone with a built in Rubik's cube. I want an old fashioned candy bar.

Requisites:

GPS (if possible)
WiFi
A good camera
A nice big screen
Must be able to view youtube videos
Good internet capabilities

Does such thing exist?

I will put up with a Slider if I have to as I quite liked my old SE W850.

As you said you like your old W850 - Take a look at the SE C905, everything you have asked for but it's a slider.

Associate
I know you said you didn't like Nokia, but the following might be worth a look:

N85

• Dual slider
  • OLED screen (looks amazing)
  • GPS
  • WiFi with HTML browser
  • 5mp Camera (Carl Zeiss optics)
  • Will show youtube videos
N79

Similar to N85, but with candybar form factor and without OLED screen. Also doesn't have USB charging like N85.

Caporegime
OP
The N85 is damn expensive, about £200 on a £35 a month contract with O2 where the C905 is free. I can't get on with the buttons either, the top row is hard to access as the screen doesn't clear it all that much.

Do O2 phones come with custom firmware like the orange phones do? I'm thinking of moving over to O2 so I can get the cheap broadband.

Caporegime
OP
I stuck with Orange in the end and got the C905, I had to pay a little bit for the phone but I played hard-ball with them and got them to knock my line rental from £30 a month down to £17.50 and made sure I got the 8gb card as well.

Back
Top Bottom