Spec me a coffee machine

Soldato
Another vote for delonghi mines been going strong for so long. Makes a very good cup/mug of coffee. They're all the same basically it's just a case of picking the features you want.

pre

pre

Associate
Another Sage Barista Express owner here - low maintenance. Can recommend if you can get it on discount. If you are purist you'll want a separate grinder pretty quickly though.

Soldato
Another Sage Barista Express owner here - low maintenance. Can recommend if you can get it on discount. If you are purist you'll want a separate grinder pretty quickly though.
Yeah we got a second grinder, more so that we can run two bean types at once though!

Soldato
Can I point out that anyone looking to buy a DeLonghi bean to cup coffee machine looks at their EBAY store. They sell refurbished machines (refurbished by DeLonghi themselves) at some very solid discounts. Here is an example for £263.99 for an Autentica. They often have machines available for hundreds under the new RRP.

With a bean to cup machine people really need to spend a bit. I've seen machines sold for £150 or so that are just utter rubbish. If someone is looking at the lower price points for something like this they would probably be better getting a higher end refurb instead of a cheaper brand new machine.

Bar

Bar

Soldato
We've had our Sage Barista for a long time (possibly about 10 years no) and its been bullet proof. We do live in Scotland so naturally benefit from soft water which no doubt helps, but its been well worth the money.

Associate
Can I point out that anyone looking to buy a DeLonghi bean to cup coffee machine looks at their EBAY store. They sell refurbished machines (refurbished by DeLonghi themselves) at some very solid discounts. Here is an example for £263.99 for an Autentica. They often have machines available for hundreds under the new RRP.

With a bean to cup machine people really need to spend a bit. I've seen machines sold for £150 or so that are just utter rubbish. If someone is looking at the lower price points for something like this they would probably be better getting a higher end refurb instead of a cheaper brand new machine.

We took advantage of this literally last week, was it first bean to cup and been very pleased with ours so far. Machine looked more or less new but had a couple of sticker marks which after a bit of a clean got them off.

Find it's very easy to clean, it does a run through of water each start up and shut off and the coffee disposal is very unfussy.

Already got through our first bag of beans so will have to go and get some more soon! Just so much choice don't exactly know where is best - we had some cafe direct machu Picchu beans as our first bag as were in Sainsbury's and thought they were good, but know there is a whole world of exploring to do!

Soldato
We took advantage of this literally last week, was it first bean to cup and been very pleased with ours so far. Machine looked more or less new but had a couple of sticker marks which after a bit of a clean got them off.

Find it's very easy to clean, it does a run through of water each start up and shut off and the coffee disposal is very unfussy.

Already got through our first bag of beans so will have to go and get some more soon! Just so much choice don't exactly know where is best - we had some cafe direct machu Picchu beans as our first bag as were in Sainsbury's and thought they were good, but know there is a whole world of exploring to do!

If you have a bean to cup machine you can make the most of some of the small batch roasters around. There are loads of places that will deliver premium coffee beans to you. We used to have a subscription with these people. There are loads of others as well. The price is higher than you pay in Sainsbury's for mass produced coffee but you can really taste the difference. When we lived in Brighton we used these people a lot and they now deliver - excellent quality coffee

Soldato
I bought a Gaggia Accademia bean to cup machine couple weeks ago, bit over the top, but is an ace machine

Last edited:
Associate
I had the De'Longhi ESAM one for about 5 years, made a great coffee, you need to mess around a bit to get it dialed in to your beans/taste/water but once you get it there its a zero effort consistant coffee. i found that it produced better coffee making a small shot and topping up with water than using the dial to make a larger Americano stlye but but overall its a solid 4/5 every time.

A friend sent for the Sage models, the coffee is nicer but the faff to get to that is higher, if you are just looking for Nespresso like effort but nicer coffee you can't go wrong with the ESAM ones, if you want to be a coffee apothicary then the Sage ones may be for you.

Got rid of it when the grider started to age and kick more grinds into the housing than the puck, probably repairable or down to my changed use but decided to sell it and look for a replacement when i move and know what counter space i have, got £80 back for it so not a bad investment over 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom