Spec Me A Complete System - £2000

Associate
OP
Thanks for all your help guys - will probably go for something similar to the last spec posted.

What's the deal with delivery and such? I notice theres a few week wait on the h100 - will everything in stock get shipped immediately or do they normally wait?

If I got the other stuff before, am I ok to run with the stock cooler for a while?

Soldato
Thanks for all your help guys - will probably go for something similar to the last spec posted.

What's the deal with delivery and such? I notice theres a few week wait on the h100 - will everything in stock get shipped immediately or do they normally wait?

If I got the other stuff before, am I ok to run with the stock cooler for a while?

Normally they wait until everything is in stock (saves shipping cost) but a quick post in the support section will get things moving and more then likely the bits in stock shipped right away :)

The stock cooler is fine just please please please do not try to overclock your CPU using it ! (Haswell gets hot rather quick). you will need some TIM cleaner to clean your CPU before you mount your H100 (just use a decent vodka will do the trick also) ;)

Associate
OP

RJC

RJC

Don
Definitely a high end spec :D

The Corsair units are not due for a few weeks yet (what I last herd) so you might want to order that separately.

Soldato
Had to have the i7 then :p shame about that wifi card its really not going to look right plugged into that themed build imo maybe an external USB solution would have been better plugged into the back? Still a great Rig that I think your be happy with for years.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had to have the i7 then :p shame about that wifi card its really not going to look right plugged into that themed build imo maybe an external USB solution would have been better plugged into the back? Still a great Rig that I think your be happy with for years.

You aren't really going to notice imo, I would personally use a powerline adapter if your pc is not going to be in the same room as your router.

Caporegime
I was thinking the screws that your use the ones that came with the H100 fans......

What got me worried was that I thought those Alpenfohn fans are thinner in each corner where the holes are.

If they were thinner and you used the screws that come with the H100 then you would damage the radiator fins as you tried to tighten them up (basically too much screw thread going onto the rad).

But I've just looked at the ones that come with a K2 (same thing) and its just an illusion of the picture of the product page, they are the same thickness in the corners as a normal bogo fan.

Associate
OP
I almost fainted there!

Getting this ordered now..will probably need you guys again when building it lol

Will order the h100 separately to avoid any delivery confusion.

Associate
OP
Hi all,

Firstly thanks for all the advice with choosing the pc, enjoying it at the momemt.

I just had a few questions.

I haven't installed any of the 5 alpenfohn fans yet, where are they supposed to go? I presume 2 of them are used on the refurbished h100

Should the refurbished h100 come with any thermal paste for the cpu block or is it not needed?

I tried using reasonable force to remove the stock cpu cooler fan but it doesn't seem to budge, its like one of its corners are stuck on pretty good.

Any advice appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom