Spec me a digital timer

Soldato
Im looking for a digital timer that is able switch a pump on for about 10-15 seconds 4-12 times per day.

Do any bog standard plug in timers have the option to set the seconds on and off multiple times per day? It might seem very specific, but it needs to be.

The only other thing I can see of doing (without building my own) is using multiple timers to cascade. Probably din rail gear.

Permabanned
Nothing in the shops will do timing down to seconds, only minutes.

A cyclic timer off eBay can do it, I'll find a link in a second.

Edit
Can't seem to do links on an iPad but search on eBay for
AT-4B/R 0.99s 9.9s 99s 99m 99h Delay Time Relay Timer 220V 3A AC

That will let you turn something on for a few seconds and then off for a few hours or whatever, and then repeat. I'm assuming that operation of a pump at a fixed time of day is unimportant.

About £14 and probably the easiest option I've found so far, check the contact rating for your application but I reckon it will be sufficient.

Would adding in a float switch help ? I'm just thinking of a safety issue if the pump ran dry.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
That looks spot on, pretty much what I was going to do with multiple contactor types!

Its actually for a misting system for reptiles for the humidity. i want it automated without paying stupid amounts of money for misting systems. This one will use irrigation nozzles and an aquarium pump.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom