Spec me a family holiday

Soldato
Right then, we are looking for a summer holiday. There are 4 of us, me my wife and two kids 11 and 9.

We have a budget of about 5k to 7k and have run through al the usual ideas and nothing has come up that we all want to do.

I like activities snorkling, tennis, sailing, paramotoring.

My wife is pretty similar but also enjoys down time and really enjoys the sun.

Kids are up for most things once you get them going, but like most kids have "tablet/phone inertia" to get past first. My son loves wildlife and loves the idea of rainforest although budget might not get that far.

I speak pretty decent French and we don't really want a hotel based holiday although a small chalet with some privacy would be OK.

Not interested in anywhere where there is political issues (think Egypt/Sharm-El-Shiek etc).

Any suggestions ???

Soldato
Thailand would surely fit the bill, stunning diving, stunning scenery, stunning wildlife, fantastic culture, great beaches, Phuket should easily be doable for your budget. Especially if you plan it yourself rather than through a agency.

Flights are around £400 to Thailand and eve a decent hotel / resort / cabin can be had for less than £100 a night for the family.

Associate
A Fly Drive in Western Canada (British Columbia/Alberta)

I've done this a few times with kids (and will be again this year) - if you just want a holiday on a beach it's probably not for you. That said it has the wildlife, rainforests and the outdoor activities you are into plus more. Temperatures are knocking on 30 degrees in the summer.

Soldato
Right then, we are looking for a summer holiday. There are 4 of us, me my wife and two kids 11 and 9.

We have a budget of about 5k to 7k and have run through al the usual ideas and nothing has come up that we all want to do.

I like activities snorkling, tennis, sailing, paramotoring.

My wife is pretty similar but also enjoys down time and really enjoys the sun.

Kids are up for most things once you get them going, but like most kids have "tablet/phone inertia" to get past first. My son loves wildlife and loves the idea of rainforest although budget might not get that far.

I speak pretty decent French and we don't really want a hotel based holiday although a small chalet with some privacy would be OK.

Not interested in anywhere where there is political issues (think Egypt/Sharm-El-Shiek etc).

Any suggestions ???

Generic suggestion of Orlando?

Soldato
Dubai for the activities, Mauritius as the all rounder or the Carribean maybe? For the activities side of things, North Coast Mauritius with kids is perfect as the water is shallow, calm and shark free. Mauritius also has spectacular forest scenery and lots of wildlife (although not much of it endemic!)

Should be doable for your budget if you don't mind flying economy.

ETA, if you like your languages you will have fun with the local Creole too, I found it exactly the same as my poor french when drunk...

So, Mauritius gets my vote!

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom