Spec me a flight set up please

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Atomic>
I have a full CH setup, i.e., Fighterstick, Throttle and Pedals and really rate that. They're not the most snazzy looking, but feel great and work well. They're also renowned for their reliability and serviceability.
Note that I recently bought a Speedlink Airrow, which is a kind of de-specced VKB Gladiator (some cheaper pots on the twist and plastic gimbals). I prefer the CH to it, so the Speedlink will be going to my son.

I have had one issue with the CH Throttle, with jitter on the main Z axis. If you suffer this, there's a simple 5 min fix. Seems that movement of the sled "can" disturb the wires connected to the main potentiometer. Just bend the electrical connector tabs a little towards to the base of the unit and I used cellotape to keep the wiring affixed. Solved my issue completely.

Associate
Warthog and t16000m is not a good match due to the imbalance in feel between the two for dual stick.

Warthog is way more user friendly in game due to the amount of mapable keys in the grip unlike the t16000m where they're on the base.
(Can use voice attack instead to take binds away from base)

A pair of t16000m is a cheap starting point to test dual stick.

You can use mounts from monstertech to mount them on the edge of your desk to get height adjustment. This also allows you to use extensions on the hogs for less resistance and better precision.

If using a hog you'll need rudder pedals (mfg are excellent) or use one of the hats for 6 axis.

Left hand hog conversions are now available and quality is excellent.

Hog gimbal can be upgraded to vkb gunfighter which gives you best of both worlds but obviously an expensive setup if you do all that. (Very nice though!).

The immersion from this setup is excellent and also good for flight in any other games. (Arma/DCS etc)

TM target is perfectly fine for mapping but I prefer scmapper, means you don't have to remap on every update.

they dont need to be a good match up for so called imbalance, the 16000m purpose is for the thrusters etc on left stick while the roll/yaw/pitch etc is used with the warthog and pedals

Associate
I have had a CH Products Hotas setup for 9 years now and still beautifully precise. Perhaps not pretty but they can take a battering, use with IL2 Original, COD, BOS, BOM and BOK. They are actually cheap if you think of the TCO.

Soldato
THe only issue i have with mine is the nipple axis on the throttle, which i use for thrust up down left right, it more often than not isnt centering and keeps going upwards, so i have to adjust my station exits accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom