Spec me a game...

Soldato
Spec me a game.... over the past 5-10 years I've played nothing but.... Far Cry 3, 4, 5 and 6. I appreciate they are seen as dull formula driven collectathons but I really enjoy stealthily clearing an outpost / base / mission. I've probably played each one, plus expansions a few times and then don't play anything until the next edition comes out. Often not touching the controller for 12 months +. I've just finished FC6 and fancy seeing if anything else is worthwhile.

In a previous life I really enjoyed the first Splinter Cell game (on OG Xbox) for the stealth element.

I have a PS4 and would like to play some games as close to or similar to Far Cry, specifically on the stealth / outpost side of things with a big map.

As I've not placed anything other than Far Cry in a pretty long time I've no issue with playing an older title (as long as it's available on the PS4, nothing else to game on).

Not keen on war settings (COD) at all. No interest in multiplayer, co-op etc....

So.... what should I play?

Associate
Ghost of Tsushima has that formula of a big map with outposts to clear etc. No guns though, only swords.
Infamous Second Son is similar but with superpowers.
Horizon Zero Dawn is another with no guns.
I'm not a fan but Days Gone is well liked by a lot of people.
Just Cause 4 has no stealth but is heavy on the map and outpost side of things.

I'm probably missing a bunch of really obvious things, but that's what sprang to mind immediately.

Soldato
Assassins Creed is more or less re-skinned Far Cry these days. I'd go for AC: Odyssey.

Its a good game in its own right, and if you like UbiSoft formula, this'll do it.

Caporegime
Did you play the "in-between" Far Crys - Primal and New Dawn? Both of those are very good.

Aragami is a good stealth game if you want something a bit different.

Soldato
The Last of Us 1 and 2 and Uncharted 4 can all be stealthed apart from boss fights. As above Ghost Of Tsushima and any of the newer Assassins Creed games. All very similar mechanics to Far Cry. Deep grass areas or just hiding behind objects, whistling or stone throwing to bring people towards you for silent take downs.

Soldato
OP
Thanks all - a decent selection to pick from. I've played the other Far Cry games (New Dawn, Primal etc....) already.

Will pick up a couple of the recommended ones for cheap and play.

Back
Top Bottom