Spec me a Gaming Rig.

Associate
I Had a line up of items for a new system. But i dont know if its good enough so could anyone spec me a Gaming rig For under £1300.

I would like the following if possible:

- 1066Mhz Ram.
- GTX or Ultra.
- Windows Vista Ultimate.
- 64-Bit Compatible.

Thanks in advance

Permabanned
Will you be just needing the base unit or things like keyboard, mouse speakers etc....?

Will you be needing a screen aswell?

Also will you be overclocking?

Soldato
Vista ultimate really is over priced in my view. Home premium is much better priced i think.

G8's ultra are overpriced and not worth it as you can over clock the GTX anyway.

1066mhz ram is only really necessary if you have a quad core/E6850+ and want to over clock i believe?? Otherwize 6400 would do.

This spec is slightly over 1300 but it includes next day delivery.

The spec is designed to have the quad overclocked, id do it to 3Ghz and you could over clock the GTX as well for some extra juice (its dead easy with the software for the GTX)

Ill spec in a hard drive and optical drive but we dont know if you have these from older pcs or not. Im leaving monitor + keyboard and all that out.

This setup would be probly around 80 quid cheaper if you had some of your own parts to add in:

ocuk1300quidbudget.jpg

£1,291.17 inc VAT (without shipping)

Total : £1,306.39 (with next day shipping)

*Side notes*

The Q6600 should drop in price to 150-185 on the 22 of july

The ram could be downgraded. Ive given you 4GB of it.

The motherboard could easly be downgraded and save 20 or so quid.

The graphix card could be downgraded even more and you could overclock it. save some there.

The sound card isn't needed unless you have a descent speaker system.

There are many alternatives to cheaper cases

Its next day delivery so thats costing 12 quid and can be changed.

Last edited:
Soldato
btw i updated my post with a spec. The ram i put in is 8500 but its only 100 quid and that is probly the same price youd pay for the 6400 and then oc it anyway if not less!

Soldato
Jaffa_Cake said:
You squashed the picture!

Spec is reasonable - RAM is a complete waste of money. Get an Akasa Eclipse case instead and get the non-fatal1ty version of that sound card.

You wrote this while i was adding the notes at the bottem of what could be changed (which are now there as ive edited that post 4 times from when i first wrote it lol). Glad you think the spec is reasonable though :) i tryed to include things such as the extra fan which he could place at the front of the P182 case if he does get it. it really is a very good case though. If your gona spend 1300 quid, get a good case too surely :)

I like the P182 a lot, its all personal choise. I dont know much about the Eclipse.

Its the same ram as what i want to get as its only 100 quid. What ram would you suggest cheaper then 100 quid with a decent quality? (check my sig for the estimated spec that im gona be getting. It keeps changing.)

Last edited:
Permabanned
If hes not going to be overclocking and also wont be encoding a load of HD movies whilst playing a game he would be better of with a E6850. ;)

Soldato
Why not over clock, how hard can it be :D

And well, he didn't tell us a lot so we dont really know yet. If he does over clock i think the spec i said would be ideal really, well you can switch some stuff around like duel and quads etc.

But the case is ideal, its got the extra fan etc. Shouldn't over heat to badly :) ... i hope... you cant sue me you have no proof!

Soldato
What sort of speeds and temps do you reach when overclocking them? I may change my build if its worth it. But i do like the idea of a 3GHz/ 3.2GHz quad core.

Back
Top Bottom