Spec me a girls name.

Associate
OP
I'll ad another one, can't remember where I heared this, but it's always stuck with me and I really like it

Samia
Sah-me-ah

Same here?... interesting though.

ripoffthemonkey to mrs: How about [name here].
mrs: That's nice, where'd you get that from?
ripoffthemonkey: Internet forum.

Right, not going to go down well at all. although i'm not sure she know what a forum is to be fair.

Associate
OP
Kiera or Keira

*edit*
Are you 100% you have a daughter on the way ?
My daughter was originally my son after all the scans etc..............imagine our surprise (Had to dress her in blue babygrows.....lol) :)

Positive, we have had the chromosomes checked. not going to argue with science.

My parents had the same problem funnily enough, scans pointed to me being a woman, which doesn't look good for me really. :(

Associate
OP
Hmm on further thought about Polly... maybe not

Mother called Dolly, daughter called Polly. Bad Karma

How about Andrea :D ;)

lol, im thinking something aquatic perhaps?

Samantha. i like that name :p

I do too, however im not fond of sam, and i will get shortened sure as eggs is eggs

Elizabeth
=Beth
=Ellie
=Lizzie
=Libby (only in neighbours?)
[...]

libby was hot if i remember correctly:D
however mother is also called libby:eek:

Associate
OP
Seems to be quite common at the moment, I think there are several at my daughters school. Olivia and Sophia are also both quite common and I know two Poppy-Jay's, which is two too many if you ask me...

We gave our daughter 3 names so she has plenty to choose from when she is older and none of them are in any way outlandish. I personally have a preference for long names that they can then shorten rather than short names which they are then stuck with if they don't like them.

I like that thinking, i'm into the whole long name thing too, but having a hard time finding something that it will shorten to nicely.
I like a lot of the Mediterranean names, specifically greek ones as I lived out there for 7 years.

Associate
OP
You need to think of the child growing up, what sort of school she is going to go to and what sort of people go to said school. You may well fall in love with a nice greek or mediterranian name but if it means 12 years of bullying she may not thank you for it!

My advice would be to trawl one of the many, many baby names sites and make a shortlist of 20 or so that you like, get your wife/girlfriend to do the same and then compare. Choose a few you both like and then arrange to suit. But do think about the environment the child will grow up in and also, as stated previously, watch for initials and bad combinations. A John Colin Baker I knew was always called digger for example and I really do not know what Mr and Mrs Russell were thinking when they called their son Jack.

I understand what you mean, however i think that children will be teased for any name or any subject for that matter, i'm called AJ so of course gay J etc followed nicely, didn't bother me though. Its a difficult choice, there are so many lovely names out there.

Thanks for all the suggestions that every one has put forward, some really lovely ideas there. Also some s*** ones too, (you know who you are!):D

Back
Top Bottom