Spec me a hoover to use with 18v batteries

Soldato
After 12 years my Dyson DC25 is kaput. Just as well because it sounded like a jet engine no matter what I tried.

I do have several Makita 18v 5AH batteries which I would like to capitalise on if possible, I know that adapters do exist to use power tool batteries on some hoovers and brands.

No budget, I recognise the value in investing in good appliances.

Thanks.

Soldato
After 12 years my Dyson DC25 is kaput. Just as well because it sounded like a jet engine no matter what I tried.

I do have several Makita 18v 5AH batteries which I would like to capitalise on if possible, I know that adapters do exist to use power tool batteries on some hoovers and brands.

No budget, I recognise the value in investing in good appliances.

Thanks.
Have you seen the adaptors for the dyson hand helds to use your 18v batteries?

Soldato
OP
Makita do their own hoover which I have and it's fine for most things you would need it for
Could you share which model you have?
Have you seen the adaptors for the dyson hand helds to use your 18v batteries?
Yep, hence the reference to making use of them!

I have one for my Dyson and would recommend.

Good to know, reviews on Amazon seem a bit hit and miss, mostly hit though. Could you share where you purchased yours please?

Associate
I love my Milwaukee M18 vacuum. Can pick one up for about £100 but it'd make the Dyson seem really quiet in comparison. I have a Miele but use the Milwaukee for picking up bigger stuff like frozen peas that have tried to escape. It's also a wet vac so it was great when the pump failed on the dishwasher and I could suck all the water out with it.

Back
Top Bottom