"Spec me" a keyboard

Soldato
My keyboard (Hiper Clavier) is a couple of years old now, and the keys are getting a little tough to press, making touch-typing a little difficult, so I'm after a replacement!

I need something with laptop-style keys (ie, flat), ideally pretty thin to negate the need for a wrist rest, and metal if possible to give it a bit of weight and stop it sliding all over the desk!

It also needs to be decent enough for games - I don't really game competitively, so don't need any special gaming board, but obviously I need something which is reasonable...

Willing to spend up to £30, although less would be nice!

EDIT: Wired or wireless, but if wireless it's gotta be reliable - I've had some really annoying experiences in the past with keyboards refusing to connect.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Speedlink Ultra.
Ally jobby so it don't move & flush lappy style keys so your fingers don't get snagged whilst you thrash about during heavy FPS sessions.
This is my 2nd & my last one stood my heavy use for around 20 months so pretty hard wearing as well. I think they are around 20-25 quid in most places but a chain store does a rebadged version for cheaper.

Soldato
OP
Not sure about the Speedlink one, some of the reviews aren't too flattering. The Logitech looks lovely but a little expensive!!!

Is that OCZ one with flat keys? I had looked at that, but it looked like normal keys with a slightly shorter travel...

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
eww laptop type keys!

Nothing wrong with them at all.

I think Logitech has the best of this type though, for gamers anyway as the complete lower row is raised like a normal KB meaning it's very easy and natural to crouch and stuff in games:

pc_dinovo_sideprofile.jpg

Soldato
I bought a keyboard for like £5.. and i find nothing wrong with it.. Full size keys, easy layout. I don't need any of the macro keys and stuff so this suits me perfect; the logitech 250 deluxe.

Soldato

This.

Got one myself and its pure awesomeness, mates who use my PC keep asking to nick it! :p

Also spilt a drink on it and a couple of the keys stopped working, tried fixing myself but no go. Logged a cheeky support ticket to Logitech on the Saturday and had a replacement by the Wednesday! Didn't even ask to smash the keyboard - was gutted at that to be honest :mad:

Its best keyboard I have ever owned and great to type on :)

Back
Top Bottom