Spec me a Minecraft PC

Soldato
Hey folks, my cousin is after a new PC for running Minecraft and later down the line FPS games, ideally needs to be an i7 no overclocking will take place at this moment, so just a strong system without the need to tweak for now.

Maybe a small 'cube' style case as that tends to be all the rage these days! :D

Budget ~ £500/600

Associate
Modern i7 rig is going to need a bigger budget.

I think for £500 you are looking at pentium / i3 with a decent graphics card really.

Soldato
Hey folks, my cousin is after a new PC for running Minecraft and later down the line FPS games, ideally needs to be an i7 no overclocking will take place at this moment, so just a strong system without the need to tweak for now.

Maybe a small 'cube' style case as that tends to be all the rage these days! :D

Budget ~ £500/600

With Ryzen around the corner (like 12 days from now) it would worth seeing what AMD has to offer, the prices look like their going to shake up the market.

I've played a bit Minecraft but never seen it benchmarked, it doesn't look very demanding at all are you sure you need an I7?

Associate
Soldato
OP
Thanks sergiup - will check that and play around with the spec to see what can be done.

Orcvader - I think he messes around with the mods etc, creating own levels and all that kinda thing :)

Associate
Whoops, one thing - I picked a 4x4GB DDR4 set, which is probably not the best idea - go for 2x8GB instead, leaving you with another two slots available for a later upgrade, if needed.

Back
Top Bottom