spec me a mini-itx gaming rig please £1500

Associate
Hey, Can someone please help me spec up a pc. My Criteria is it needs to be mini-itx ideally, and the case needs a carry handle or to be easily portable. I will be trying to get a Rtx 3070 when they come out so no gpu is needed in the £1500 budget or peripherals. I do need a 28" monitor in that budget please.
I'm not scared to water cool as I've done it before, But as I need this pc to be portable I'm guessing air cooled is probably more suitable/safe.

Associate
OP
Thankyou! Couple of questions and queries.

I usually go for Asus Motherboards, Can I ask why you would personally pick the MSI over the Asus one?

Regarding monitors, I can't deicide if to choose resolution or hz. I'm thinking 144hz would be nice so maybe stepping down to a 27" 2560 x 1440
monitor would be a smoother gameplay experience and maybe more suitable for the Rtx 3070?

Case wise sticking with mini-itx would you put pick a NZXT H1 or something else over the Lian case if having a carry handle wasn't needed?

As this build needs to be in a small case is there a certain model Rtx 3070 you think will probably be more suitable? I know that's a hard one as there not out yet.

I'm looking forward to going to a AMD processor again as my last 2 Asus Rog gaming laptops have been intel. But my trusty water cooled Amd 8350 Black Edition build pc is still going strong in my sons room.

Man of Honour
The msi is a good value choice Asus motherboard is more expensive £209 for itx.

Nxtz H1 is £300 with a cooler more than double the cost of case and cooler we specced, but that up to you.

You need to take serious note of case limitations when getting parts.

Example the case I specced will take long graphics card which most people check but it says max 2.5 slot which is important how thick the card is.

https://www.build-gaming-computers.com/gpu-slot-types-explained.html

Associate
OP
The NZXT H1 is only £30 more because it comes with a cpu cooler and psu? And I've seen youtube videos showing it fits some big Rtx 3080 in.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The NZXT H1 is only £30 more because it comes with a cpu cooler and psu? And I've seen youtube videos showing it fits some big Rtx 3080 in. But I might not be able to source one as stock seems non existent atm
Missed the psu , and here's me talking about checking dimensions, etc.

Maximum GPU Length - 305mm (2.5 Slot)Maximum Memory Height - 45mm

I love the look of the case .

Associate
hi
nzxt h1 owner here...
you can put a pretty big gpu in h1 but not the biggest ones out there..
i think kyle from bitwit manage to fit strix 2080ti

my evga 1080ti looks small in this case :)
WkOZ6OS.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom