Spec me a mountain bike £200 - £300

Soldato
I have not ridden a bike in several years (except indoors) and always used to steal my brothers. He took his away so I can't do that anymore so I need to buy one as I want to start riding again.

Will be used for a mixture of country lanes and woods and probably the south downs (eventually) since they are so close to me.

Don't really want to spend more than £200 - £300 - can I get anything semi decent for that budget?

I'm 6' tall if it matters.

Side question: what options are there for transporting bikes other than a bike rack. I have an oh so practical car :o (Mr2)

Soldato
If the large frame fits you, nothing comes close to the spec of http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/laura-trott-mtb-1-womens-moutain-bike !

British Cycling membership would get you 10% discount, Toyota membership would get you 15% off.

Some employers have perks that let employees buy vouchers at a discount of ~10%, that are accepted at Halfords.

So potentially, this stunning spec bike would set you back just ~£270, leaving you enough to treat yourself to a mens' saddle if required.;)

Associate
Also bought the Calibre Two Two last week. Already taken it out along some local forest tracks, really enjoying it.

Soldato
I've never ridden a two two but would quite like to, I've never heard a bad word said about them, and the spec list on paper is pretty much unbeatable for the money.

The fork on the Laura trott is a little bit better than the fork on the two two, but the overall package is better, and it's not a chicks bike.

Back
Top Bottom