Spec me a MP3 player with a bit of a twist...

Soldato
Basically it needs to be
- bigger than 5GB
- store non music files as back ups
- be plug and play for transfering files to computers

I would like but not required
- Video play back
-less than £90 otherwise it will have to wait a month ( :( )and then it can be less than £200

What can I get for my money? I don't mind getting it second hand. Size is not a issue but I don't want to have a paper bag around it when I need to select the music.

Thanks, Trif. :)

Soldato
OP
Is there anything wrong with the Toshiba Gigabeat? These can be had quite cheaply on thee ol' bay of E...

I'm very tempted to get a PMA if I save up for a second month. Is there anything wrong with these, as they look like what a PDA should be.

Soldato
My vote goes to the Sandisk E270 (6gb, colour screen, video playback, ipod nano size - little thicker, 20 hour battery life, FM tuner) for £135-£145

Soldato
Raikiri said:
My vote goes to the Sandisk E270 (6gb, colour screen, video playback, ipod nano size - little thicker, 20 hour battery life, FM tuner) for £135-£145

If your spending £150 then go the extra £25 and get the zen vision:m. I spent £140 on a 5gb player and ended up replacing it with a 30gb vision:m.

Soldato
I would rather have the small player, I find my 3rd gen Ipod 20gb to be a bit big (had it aaages though so I'll look into the Vision M as a replacement)

Soldato
I'm basically in the same boat as you bar the storage requirement although the size of the player isn't that important.

I've seen refurbished 2gb Ipod Nanos for £65 buti've never been a fand of Ipods and they're not exactly plug and play but I'm keeping it in the back of my mind.

On the other hand I have seen a 20gb MP4 player for £100 which doesn everything I want and more but it's obviously bigger and will create a bulge in my pocket. :(

Back
Top Bottom