Spec Me A Quality Sofa Bed...

Soldato
Im considering getting a sofa bed, but they are either useless as a sofa, useless as a bed, or just plain useless.

Requirements
Must look nice, and be comfy as a sofa (not the folded mattress look)
Must be solid and bed looking in bed form, not like a sofa with an extension
Nippy to fold out

Any suggestions ?

Ikea is a no go it seems :(

Caporegime
jellybeard999 said:
Im considering getting a sofa bed, but they are either useless as a sofa, useless as a bed, or just plain useless.

Requirements
Must look nice, and be comfy as a sofa (not the folded mattress look)
Must be solid and bed looking in bed form, not like a sofa with an extension
Nippy to fold out

Any suggestions ?

Ikea is a no go it seems :(

i bought a futon from argos and it lasted 2-3 years before 2-5 of the wooden slats either broke or became dislodged - i then just got a normal bed from ikea

sofabeds are just a no - no for regular use, either geta sofa and sleep on it or get a bed and sit on it

Soldato
OP
Psycho Sonny said:
i bought a futon from argos and it lasted 2-3 years before 2-5 of the wooden slats either broke or became dislodged - i then just got a normal bed from ikea

sofabeds are just a no - no for regular use, either geta sofa and sleep on it or get a bed and sit on it

Thats what i have gathered looking at ikea, argos etc... the aim of this thread is to see if you can find a quality bed, avoiding your situation :D

Im buying a new bed soon anywho, this is just an ideal alternative.. if its feasable ;)

Im thinking well engineered all metal construction for it to work well tbh, but then the cost will probably be a problem :o

Caporegime
jellybeard999 said:
Is this an impossible task then ?

Bed F T W ?

a bed is your best option, i dont know why anyone cant make a decent bed and style it so it can be used as a sofa also, i notice that the more a sofabed looks like a sofa the worse it is for general use.

sofabeds seem like the best of both worlds its only after abou 3-4 months you realise the mistake you made, beds are far more comfortable

Soldato
Why have you disregarded Ikea? I find their stuff is as good as you are putting things together. If you take your time and make sure everything is lined up perfectly it always ends up much more sturdy.

I bought the Lyksele (spelling?) sofa bed and it's fine, raised off the ground like a proper bed and you also get a choice of mattresses.

Associate
its not an impossible task at all, just a decent metal frame sofa bed is very expensive.

Anything with a foam bottom, or type of futon is only for very light use.

If you want one to use week in week out you will be looking at £500 upwards for something thats going to last.

I was luckily to be given one, its about 170vm long, you remove the seat from the sofa then just pull a metal handle and it all unfolds. Its very comfy, very sturdy and is quite big too, about 3 and a half foot wide by about 6 long.

Back
Top Bottom