Spec Me A Road Bike - £3k to £5k

Soldato
Nice bike! I’m going to upgrade in a year or so and the current wish list is a Canyon or a Reilly Ti. Certainly going Di2 and disc brakes with probably some nice Hunt wheels. Will be interested how you find Di2 once the initial period has worn off.

Soldato
Nice bike! I’m going to upgrade in a year or so and the current wish list is a Canyon or a Reilly Ti. Certainly going Di2 and disc brakes with probably some nice Hunt wheels. Will be interested how you find Di2 once the initial period has worn off.

Di2 joy never goes away really, especially this time of year with never having to worry about adjusting cable tension or new cables.

Soldato
I'm a stat addict though :) I will enjoy checking out what gears I use through my ride on Strava, lol. I will actually like to be able to see my gears on my Wahoo too and be able to control the Wahoo from the handle bars. Not essential, but kinda handy.

Sweet ride! You gonna stick a power meter on there as well for even more data?

Associate
If you are a bit worried about Canyon aftersale service, they are pretty good.

I bought the CF SLX just under a year ago, and while washing it after a ride I saw this:

Got on the phone to em and they sent a courier to pick it up, and swapped for a new one. It took a couple of weeks for the whole process but, there were no quibbles at all.
The new one arrived and it had a mark on the frame:

Back on the phone, and again no questions asked. They said they could see it was cosmetic, so told me to keep riding it until a new frame arrived in the UK, then again they arranged a courier to pick up and swap.
Kept me informed the whole way, and chucked in some Canyon clothing for the hassle.
(You thought Castelli clothing was a small fit!!)

Soldato
Thanks all.

Yes, I probably will get a power meter, it's certainly been on my shopping list for some time now. :)

I will have some nearly new dual sided Powertap P2 pedals up for sale soon if interested. I may be doing a few crits here and there and the powertap pedals aren't particularly suited to that.

Soldato
If you are a bit worried about Canyon aftersale service, they are pretty good.

I bought the CF SLX just under a year ago, and while washing it after a ride I saw this:

Got on the phone to em and they sent a courier to pick it up, and swapped for a new one. It took a couple of weeks for the whole process but, there were no quibbles at all.
The new one arrived and it had a mark on the frame:

Back on the phone, and again no questions asked. They said they could see it was cosmetic, so told me to keep riding it until a new frame arrived in the UK, then again they arranged a courier to pick up and swap.
Kept me informed the whole way, and chucked in some Canyon clothing for the hassle.
(You thought Castelli clothing was a small fit!!)

CS may be good but it sounds like QC needs some work....

Soldato
No worries.

I dunno, probably £400 ish, 6 months old & mint but tbh unless you really fancy dual sided or really want to be able to port power from one bike to another I'd just stick with your 4iiii :)

Back
Top Bottom