Spec me a router with a WIFI on off button

Associate
I am on PlusNet fibre and the supplied router has no physical button to turn the Wi-Fi on and off, this can be done by logging into the router only which is a faff I could do without every morning.
Turning it off completely is one way of doing it but it farts about after the powers off. I did use an ASUS DSL-AC68U but that has died. Any suggestions please, prefer not to break the bank.
General household use, gaming PC connected via ethernet

Last edited:
Soldato
One thing I would check out is that Asus routers have a timed function on the Wifi, so you can automatically turn them off at night and back on in the morning. It's standard in their software, so I suspect many of their routers will support it.
I use the function myself just as added security. I suppose it also saves a few quid a year, too.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
One thing I would check out is that Asus routers have a timed function on the Wifi, so you can automatically turn them off at night and back on in the morning. It's standard in their software, so I suspect many of their routers will support it.
I use the function myself just as added security. I suppose it also saves a few quid a year, too.
Just a shame that Asus have no regard for their customer security.

Soldato
I'd look at scheduling inside your router, or buy one as mentioned above that has it. On mine you can schedule a daily internet access ban between time X and time Y for select devices. This way, wifi stays on for everything else that needs it (IOT devices etc).

Back
Top Bottom