• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Spec me a secondary non-gaming graphics card

Soldato
I'm thinking about using the second Displayport connection on my Acer Nitro. But my RTX 2080 Ti only has 3 DP ports. That means I need an extra DP output for my Dell 4k. I do have a Maxwell Titan X and a 780 Ti available but this is a non-gaming display and both cards are power-hungry. So I'm wondering if there's a cheap non-gaming GPU that would work with my RTX 2080 Ti. I'd prefer a card with at least two DP ports.

Soldato
OP
It's been suggested that I can use the USB C port on the card for an extra monitor port using a USB to DP 1.4 adapter. Has anyone done this? I can't spot such an adapter on OCUK's website. Which one is best?

Paging @OcUK - PREDATOR to the thread.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
Yes thats the correct Stock Code. Not sure why the link doesnt work though.

Received with thanks. Unfortunately it doesn't work. More precisely, Windows sees that there's a monitor there and can identify the monitor but I cannot enable the monitor in Display Settings. I tried it on both the USB C port on the GPU and the one on on the motherboard. I'll email Startech for advice but if you have any, please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom