Spec me a simple gaming machine (£250)

Associate
Hi,

I would like to buy a simple gaming machine to play games like halflife 2 / eve-online / battlefield 2....

I have £250 i would like to spend. i have a 22" flat monitor already.

Geforce prefered.

only need motherboard, ram, graphics card, cpu, case.

Thanks!

Associate
OP
i have an old dell pc. too old to do anything with.

i have PSU, dont need one, i only need what i listed above. i might go for some used parts from ebay if i need to. just looking for a good spec for £250 ish

Associate
OP
i think i could make a pretty good pc for £200 out of what i want, with some of your suggestions, but i dont think any of you actually read what i wanted.

looking at a mobo, a geforce graphix cards (had problems with ati, not going to go into it but alweays found geforce more compatible for a NOVICE like me) a cpu and ram, the rest i have lying around ie psu case etc.

soemthing like:

Intel Dual Core E5200 with mother board to suit

an older geforce card (cheaper) ie 9500GTX or simular

with 2 - 4gb ram cheap as chips so anything

Associate
OP
yeah sorry did ask for a case. but my brother insisted that he make the reply and didnt know i asked for case.

personally i dont like ATI so geforce only.

I didnt plan to use my excisting system as its a ****ty dell 1.8 p4 machine. actually its a very old machine. my £750 laptop broke 1 year 2 days after i bought it. did have a £1500 proper nice pc but no longer have it after various reasons.

still have many PSU's around from different machines. 500W - 900W ones.

Associate
OP
you people are terrible. really miss the point. i just want the best MB, Graphics Card, Ram, and 250GB harddrive i can get for £250.

Xbox is crap. PS3 is crap. I used to work in IT and had done for many years, just lost touch with the up-to-dates.

Associate
OP
So you think for £250 your going to get a PC that outperforms a Xbox 360 or PS3 for games? I can certanly understand why you "used" to work in IT:cool:

i left my job as i was getting underpaid and have since become self employed working from home. i didnt say it would out perform a 360 or ps3. i just dont like using controllers and i want win XP.

also i didnt say i was going to use anything from this old dell pc.

not that it matters anymore, won 150k on the lotto saturday.

oooh I'm a big boy, oh yes I am .

Last edited:
Associate
OP
i made this post some days ago. im thinking of just going ******* or something to get one now. got some time to wait for it though. cheers anyway

Associate
OP
Like? Any ATI card I've had has been easy as pie... And I've had a few. There is a lot of people out there with that opinion, much like people who blast AMD chips. Odd really, ATI/AMD should be your mfr of choice with such a small budget :confused:

just never was familiar with ati. always had geforce cards. didnt fancy the switch.

neways it doesnt matter anymore. going bed. night

Back
Top Bottom