Spec me a smartphone.

Associate
I currently have a Samsung B2100, and i don't dislike it really the only flaw is that it doesn't remember the words that i add to predictive text. As an engineer and needing many specific words when texting course mates, it gets a little on the annoying side. Especially so when i am a little on the angry side and predictive text will do anything it can to stop me swearing :p
(that is actually quite funny when i think of it, but it is annoying)

As it is only a basic phone i only use text and calls and just finished my contract with o2 for 15ppm unlimited texts and 100mins. Which is about right for me (apart from the price).

I want to move onto a basic smartphone purely to have my emails with me all the time. I don think there are any other smartphone features that i want or would use.

I have been looking at:

Samsung Galaxy W 18.50ppm 200mins 100mb unltd txt, free handset total cost of £444 pounds.

Can anybody suggest something better?

Thanks

Soldato
get orange monte carlo - big screen, android(you can choose the best keyboard) will be perfect for what it does - this on payngo and get rolling sim contract or get giffgaff for 10quid a month with autotop up and be done with it :)

Associate
OP
Just read a review, and the fact they mention good battery life is nice as i it will be a big change from my phone that currently runs for a week or two without charging. But it does mention the screen isn't that good. Compared to my current it will be amazing im sure but i would like like a good resolution.

Is it possible to buy the phone outright and put a tesco/o2 rolling contact on it? (also what is giffgaff?) orange coverage is fairly bad in my area :(

EDIT: GiffGaff looks like a pretty good deal. Any down sides? Still cant find monte carlo as phone only.

Last edited:
Soldato
oh the screen is fine! yes compared to a lot of phones new expensive smartphones it wont be as good because they run 720p resolution yet monte carlo runs the same as galaxy s2 samsung just different type of screen - i have an s2 and i have b2100 :)

the resolution will be more than ok i can assure you of that! :)

giffgaff runs of o2 network :)

Soldato
yeah ask for puk code when you leave your current contract and im sure giffgaff will be able to update it.. when i moved from giffgaff to contract i could take the number off my giffgaff payngo

Associate
OP
Well i ended up going to o2 simplicity because they gave me a pretty good deal. But i am trying to root my phone having already unlockedit through the guide on giffgaff, but the phone doesn't restart properly when using the software that is meant to root it...

Back
Top Bottom