Spec me a tablet.

Associate
SO I already have 3 Tablets, 2 Huawei tablets and an old shield tablet (K1) but they are older now and one doesn't have google on. I want a 12 inch tablet (or the biggest I can get) literally only for watching videos. Youtube, Plex etc. Wont be used for anything else. I don't do Apple, I've never owned an Apple product and never will.

What's out there these days that isn't a million pounds?

Caporegime
Samsung have crazy promos on the s8 / s9 series frequently

Keep an eye on the FEs, the plus or ultras, the flagships ultras have been as low as ~550 when on offer
Yeah this is probably the way.

I recently got the S9 ultra/Buds Pro 2/keyboard cover for only £550 with a junk tablet traded in. Its is stupidly large though.

Last edited:
Associate
If you can stomach the cost of find a good deal on it, the Lenovo Tab Extreme is an amazing tablet for streaming. It's not as bright as the Samsung but has better speakers and a much higher colour gamut.

Soldato
If you can stomach the cost of find a good deal on it, the Lenovo Tab Extreme is an amazing tablet for streaming. It's not as bright as the Samsung but has better speakers and a much higher colour gamut.
At that price you'd be way better off buying an iPad unless for some reason you can only use Android.

Associate
The difference from 12.9/13" to 14.5" is a lot bigger in reality than it sounds on paper. Plus the Lenovo has much better speakers, especially if you fiddle with the Atmos settings

Soldato
I’m in the same position as the OP as my iPad has a broken screen and the battery isn’t great.
Amazon are doing a Samsung S9+ for £144, but it’s a non UK version.
What does that actually mean?
Edit
Seems the only difference is it’s set up in another language.

Last edited:
Soldato
I picked up a Amazon Fire HD Tab 11 to take on holiday at a silly price (£94 i think) and its honestly fantastic. It was purchased to play movies and to view my CCTV system and the screen is brilliant for the money and really a good all round tablet if you can get it at the low price. I think i am going to buy one of the pens for it and get some Emulators loaded on to use a bit more.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Bought a Lenovo P12, didn't want to spend too much as I already have several tablets. Just wanted something with a good screen, a bit bigger and bigger battery and google services. I'd love a 14 inch but can't justify it really

Soldato
I kinda went the other way and bought a refurbed Surface pro 7, it has a great resolution, battery isnt awful and I can do some work on it too if needed.

Back
Top Bottom