Spec me a tablet.

Soldato
I kinda went the other way and bought a refurbed Surface pro 7, it has a great resolution, battery isnt awful and I can do some work on it too if needed.
How do you find the Surface Pro 7 in general performance terms? I could do with a tablet for media and general light use duties when travelling and on holiday. It looks like a used Surface Pro 7 could fulfill these for around the same price as a half decent android tablet.

Soldato
How do you find the Surface Pro 7 in general performance terms? I could do with a tablet for media and general light use duties when travelling and on holiday. It looks like a used Surface Pro 7 could fulfill these for around the same price as a half decent android tablet.
It's absolutely spot on in my experience. I take it on the ferry and plane when travelling, battery life can be configured well with the usual windows settings too so no problems with longevity and charges at a decent pace too.

Soldato
It's absolutely spot on in my experience. I take it on the ferry and plane when travelling, battery life can be configured well with the usual windows settings too so no problems with longevity and charges at a decent pace too.
Mega, what was the ballpark price you paid for a refurbed unit so I can get a feel of the market at the moment?

Soldato
Mega, what was the ballpark price you paid for a refurbed unit so I can get a feel of the market at the moment?
I paid £299 for a great condition refurb back in September, same thing is around the £250 mark now. I used a guy called surface store on ebay.

Last edited:
Associate
I would chuck another recommendation behind the Honor 12" tablets. Has filled the 'kitchen tablet' purpose very nicely for the cost. Perfect for netflix / youtube / etc. Might not be as premium as some others but for the price point, was very happy with it. Screen and speakers absolutely fine.

Soldato
My problem with some of the android tablets is the length of support for OS and security upgrades. For example, the Pad 6 will only receive security updates for another two years until June 2026.

To get longer updates on a tablet with a decent combination of CPU, RAM and storage leaves only Samsung I think. Some of their products are really expensive!

Caporegime
My problem with some of the android tablets is the length of support for OS and security upgrades. For example, the Pad 6 will only receive security updates for another two years until June 2026.

To get longer updates on a tablet with a decent combination of CPU, RAM and storage leaves only Samsung I think. Some of their products are really expensive!
Samsung so silly cheap offers regularly, if you're not in a rush there's regularly bargains. The S9 tab deals were insane earlier this year.

Soldato
Yeah I think a 256gb S9 FE or S9 would be perfect and a discount this month would be mega welcome. The A9+ is attractively priced, but slightly compromised.

A Surface that would be supported through Windows 11 as a minimum is another option but is a heavier machine.

Back
Top Bottom