Spec me a TV

Associate
Hi Clockers.

Can you spec me a OLED 55" TV with some sort of surround sound capability.

It will be mostly used for watching films, so nice vivid colours and deep blacks would be nice.

Also, who makes TV's that project the ambient colour onto the wall behind. That's pretty cool :)

My price range is about £700

cheers

Gary

Associate
Ah ok. Maybe I've seen LED at that price range then, and not OLED.
Is this model any good?
http://www.rgbdirect.co.uk/Products/Television/LED-TV/SAMSUNG/UE55KU6020

This is entry level Samsung 4K tele from 2016 line up. Already a very good price. You may wish to wait for the black friday deals in case some thing else falls within your budget. If you can stretch a bit 55Ks7000 is a 10 bit panel with Samsung Quantum Dot tech and it has all the bells and whistles you wish for in a top of the range tv. 10-bit panel means true HDR hardware unlike many others that can only process HDR content but dont display it as it is meant to be. It is 999£ at various places including Johnlewis. I own it and its really good.

Last edited:
Soldato
This is entry level Samsung 4K tele from 2016 line up. Already a very good price. You may wish to wait for the black friday deals in case some thing else falls within your budget. If you can stretch a bit 55Ks7000 is a 10 bit panel with Samsung Quantum Dot tech and it has all the bells and whistles you wish for in a top of the range tv. 10-bit panel means true HDR hardware unlike many others that can only process HDR content but dont display it as it is meant to be. It is 999£ at various places including Johnlewis. I own it and its really good.

But it doesn't work on your pc ;) Didn't work on mine either andm ine was KS8000. Works on Nvidia 10 series though. To be fair loads of 4k UHD HDR tvs flat out don't work with certain makes of 900 series. Reckon a single 1080 could replace my 980ti SLI setup without too much loss of quality? Reckon I'd still be ok for wow in 4k and some mafia 3.

Back
Top Bottom