Spec me a Watercooling kit for 2 gpus please

Associate
Right i need to put 2 of these https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...dr5x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-340-ms.html under water but im a complete noob at watercooling so im going to leave it in someone elses capable hands to spec me a kit.

At a guess i will need 2 fancy waterblocks for the gpus.
1 rad that will fit at the front of a corsair 750D case (will have to be front mounted because the top is already taken)
Tubing and fittings.
Reservoir/pump combo ?

Go for it :D

Soldato
You should plumb the existing loop to the gpus and an additional rad, no need for a second pump and res.

The difficult thing here is finding waterblocks for that particular card. AFAIK the only models are made by Bykski and Barrow, companies I'm not very familiar with, and you have to ship from China.

Man of Honour
As above, you are going to have problems finding a full cover block for those cards. EK doesn't do one which probably rules out Heatkiller and XSPC as well. That leaves universal blocks which only cools the core and I really wouldn't go down that route with those power hungry cards of yours. You would never be able to keep the vrm's cool. You could try Alphacool but that's still just a universal block along with a massive heatsink. If they don't already do one for your cards you can get them to make them for your cards. You have to send them a card so they can take measurements but you do get the first one for free.

Soldato
I'd go for the barrow blocks over the bykski mainly as i have used barrow products in the past and they have been extremely good quality on par with bitspower. Bykski i also beleive from what i have heard are also very good aswell.

Not considered selling both cards and say getting a reference 2080Ti which you can get a waterblock and backplate straight from EK? Probably wouldnt cost all that much if anything and would be quicker as SLI is crap.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
You should plumb the existing loop to the gpus and an additional rad, no need for a second pump and res.

The difficult thing here is finding waterblocks for that particular card. AFAIK the only models are made by Bykski and Barrow, companies I'm not very familiar with, and you have to ship from China.
I'd go for the barrow blocks over the bykski mainly as i have used barrow products in the past and they have been extremely good quality on par with bitspower. Bykski i also beleive from what i have heard are also very good aswell.

Not considered selling both cards and say getting a reference 2080Ti which you can get a waterblock and backplate straight from EK? Probably wouldnt cost all that much if anything and would be quicker as SLI is crap.

Yep i am considering selling both card and just going single 2080TI, SLI is dead i agree.

Back
Top Bottom