Spec me a webcam?

Soldato
Not sure what's good to use. Will be used mostly for youtube recordings and some family skyping. Budget £30??? No idea what I should be looking for or what make/techy specifications I should be looking at?

Anyone webcam savy able to help?

Soldato
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-046-LG

Excellent cam + mic combo, yours for 29.99 :D

I got it for 19.99 during christmas special, cracking cam, cracking deal.

Edit: tip: use youtube for cam quality :D
I'm after a cam that just works... currently on a ms vx-3000 (my 3rd one!) and tbh, I hardly ever use it :(

I'd use it a lot more if I knew it wasn't going to let me down so I've decided to upgrade. I only want a cam for skype and possibly a bit of gaming (mic only), having looked around for the money <£30, there really isn't much else worth looking at is there? I've seen it new for as low for £20.

Sorry to hijack the thread :D

Associate
if you google around you can find reviews stating what the best webcams are. When I was looking a good 6 months or so ago I believe it was the "Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910" which I found best/ideal for me. It has impeccable quality compared to my old "Logitech Pro 5000". Have to confirm the model number when I can be bothered to walk downstairs!

Associate
I need a fairly decent webcam too, it's going to be used for teleconferencing and stuff (I'll also be recording myself giving a paper for an e-conference), so it needs to have clear audio capture and decent video.

Are the ones suggested in this thread still decent or has there beenanything newer and better? Looking to spend under £50.

Top Bottom