Spec me a wireless mouse for Macbook?

Soldato
Hi

Im currently using a Logitech MX3 (MAC version) and the mouse is great when it works, but the problem is the Logitech software is absolutely horrendous, Logi options + is a pile of ****, every time they update the app it breaks simple mouse functionality like the back/forward buttons.

The latest update has now completely broke things, the app is stuck on this setup animation when opening the app, and uninstall/reinstalling doesn't fix the problem, seen elsewhere that its effecting quite a lot of people.

Is there something better and cheaper that doesn't rely on apps to function?

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
I created an Automation in macOS and pinned it to the dock which restarts Logi Options+ to solve those issues. In fairness, I haven't had to use it very frequently since the last update.

I put up with it because the MX Master 3 is the only mouse that doesn't give me wrist pain.

Soldato
Unlike others I don't recommend the MX3 due to lack of onboard memory. Which means you always need background software to map the buttons to what you want them to. You can look into Logitech gaming mouse which do have onboard memory and have very similar shape and ergonomics to the MX3.

E.g. Logitech G604 is pretty good.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Bluetooth is capped at 125hz polling rate on Mac, it's horrible. I'd recommend a Logitech g305 where you can use the dongle and 1000hz polling rate. Makes input feel really precise.

I posted a while back on this subject.

So looks like G Hub works on macOS, so looking at potentially getting the Logitech G305. I have the G603 and that works good, it's just not light enough, the shape isn't quite right and obviously it's not white.

mmmm 1000hz poll rate.
screenshot-2023-04-22-at-19-09-46-png.2192162

Back
Top Bottom