Spec me all white gaming PC £5000 budget

As someone who has spent thousands of a PC, which I regret, I'd say spend a sensible amount of money on a good system but don't go insane on it. What's the point of getting 256GB of RAM , for example in gaming?

£5000 is OTT.
It is definitely more than necessary. 2K-2K5 is enough for a top-end gaming PC, even for 4K.

I wouldn't aim for 8K because is not really doable with current tech, even the 4090 struggles at 4K sometimes. It might be worth re-evaluating how realistic it is to game at 8K, when the 5090 launches.

In my spec, these are the parts I consider OTT:
- 4090: nearly double a 4080 and much more than a 7900 XTX, but it is not double their speed.
- PCIE5 drives don't really offer much for the average user.
- 16 core CPU for gaming? I'd just get the 9700X or 7800X3D if you can find one that isn't a silly price.
- The £200 AIO is overpriced, even if it is shiny.

Video and image editing can have the potential for a "time is money" situation, in which case those choices can make more sense, though in that circumstance the £5K may be better on a threadripper/Epyc/Xeon (I don't follow these CPUs).

The above said ^^, OP asked for a spec, so I made a spec.

Last edited:
Have to agree the 4090
And upcoming 5090 as well
Make no financial sense and since amd already said
Won't be competing against 5090
Nvidia can charge a ridiculous amount for the 5090 at launch
4080 super or even 7900xtx are half the price

But of course it's the ops money
Can spend it as they like
5 grand might be pocket change to them who knows
And if that's the case then fair enough go for the absolute best

I would query 64gb of ram though
Can the boards suggested use 48gb modules?
More rams probably useful if doing some serious editing
So would probably suggest 2 x 48gb

5k budget to do a thoroughly custom build + custom loop, machined parts etc with a specific vision would be cool.

5k for someone else to pick out the parts seems a waste when even picking top spec everything would struggle to fill the budget.

But hey, 5k to someone else could be like £50 to me :)

5k budget to do a thoroughly custom build + custom loop, machined parts etc with a specific vision would be cool.

5k for someone else to pick out the parts seems a waste when even picking top spec everything would struggle to fill the budget.

But hey, 5k to someone else could be like £50 to me :)

Also no sound system? ;-) I was playing War Thunder on my 9.4.4 system a while ago for a laugh. Sounds incredible.

I wonder, he's using some £50 speakers?

Having chased the '4k' bandwagon running a 7900Xtx with a 4k 32'' 144hz panel, I might be getting old, but playing at 1440p 27'' max settings and I can't tell any difference :cry:

Thoroughly underwhelmed personally but might just be me, screen size might be something for you to consider on whether this is worth doing.

I'd also add that '4k' on a ps5/xsx also looks comparatively terrible compared to 1440p native max settings on a pc, before you even start looking at frame rate/timings... Elden Ring on ps5 was hideous to play.

Last edited:
Having chased the '4k' bandwagon running a 7900Xtx with a 4k 32'' 144hz panel, I might be getting old, but playing at 1440p 27'' max settings and I can't tell any difference :cry:
Thoroughly underwhelmed personally but might just be me, screen size might be something for you to consider on whether this is worth doing.
I'd also add that '4k' on a ps5/xsx also looks comparatively terrible compared to 1440p native max settings on a pc, before you even start looking at frame rate/timings... Elden Ring on ps5 was hideous to play.

i did the 4k with PS5 and like you say 1440 on my 32" 165hz screen looks better

Thread title says £5,000
But their first post says £6,000

To go full custom loop
Assuming they can't do the loop themselves
Since they actually said no experience in first post
Severely raises the price
Even doing it yourself watercooling parts are expensive nowadays

Here's what 6 grand gets you anyway
To me that extra just isn't worth it
I would rather put the extra into something else

Thread title says £5,000
But their first post says £6,000

To go full custom loop
Assuming they can't do the loop themselves
Since they actually said no experience in first post
Severely raises the price
Even doing it yourself watercooling parts are expensive nowadays

Here's what 6 grand gets you anyway
To me that extra just isn't worth it
I would rather put the extra into something else

Wow that is way overpriced. 32GB RAM, only 2TB storage, Gold rated PSU.... hmmm.

thats not a bad idea, switch out the NV5 to an NV7 and go full custom loop
With full copper pipes and fittings?

Gold plated?

£5000 is a huge amount to spend on a PC but if that’s what OP wants to do and can afford it, fine.

I’d personally build OP following and sort of ignore having to use all of the budget just on the internal components:

9800X3D or 9750X3D or 9900X3D (not sure the 9750X3D makes sense but we will see when it’s launched)
Asus X870E Dark Hero or MSI Meg Godlike (or top of the range Asrock Taichi, etc)
96 or 128gigs of DDR5 6600 MT/s or faster, depending on if OP is happy to try overclock their RAM.
RTX 5090
<insert well reviewed platinum rated PSU here>
Full watercooling loop.
RGB coming out the wazoo

And then spec one of those new high refresh rate OLED monitors that are, apparently, amazing.

The MSI X870E godlike supports RAM speeds of 8400+ which is great, I just don’t know enough about RAM speeds that high on AMD and if there’s a performance uplift.

Back
Top Bottom