Spec me an accessible villa holiday?

Soldato
So, fairly recently I was in here asking about inexpensive holidays here in the UK as funds where tight and I didn't think it was possible to get my daughter a passport due to ongoing issues with her biological mother.

Circumstances it seems have massively changed for the better. After nearly 6 years of waiting my criminal injuries compensation has come in at a considerable amount.

After paying off all of my debts, putting a chunk away for a rainy day, giving my two daughters savings accounts a nice boost etc I have enough for my first proper holiday in 8 years. And, honestly after the hell we've been through as a family, I think we deserve a proper holiday.

I've also spoken to my solicitors and the passport office and it appears I may be able to get my daughter a passport after all without rattling the psychopaths cage and causing more trouble than it's worth.

So guys, we've had a tentative yes for taking the girls out of school for a holiday during term time, given our circumstances and their relative high attendance. Ideally looking at the end of June or July, possibly September. I've never booked a holiday abroad before so help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm 6ft8, disabled with significant lower limb mobility issues so worried about flying. I'm fully prepared and expecting to pay for an extra seat if needed but hopefully will be okay with the 6 year old next to me as she doesn't take up much space and I'm more front heavy than wide. I will need as much legroom as possible though.

What I'm hoping for is an accessible Villa holiday with a sea view as I like my privacy. My daughter really wants to go to Paphos in Cyprus, which I've been previously and loved but I'm open to suggestions and don't mind going further afield for the best experience.

Budget is upto £5k, I could go a bit higher for the right deal but would happily pay less and save a bit. Hopefully, that's realistic enough.

So guys, what do you suggest?

Soldato
Been on quite a few villa holidays with friends or family. Always used Villa Plus as they are all well equipped, stayed in villas in Greece, Canaries and Portugal and they have all been fantastic https://www.villaplus.com/

Problem with short haul is that the only option for extra leg room is to pay and book an exit seat, and it’s a first come first served thing so it’s not guaranteed you can even pay for one

Last edited:
Soldato
Paphos was really great when we went to an all inclusive there. When we did escape the compound, the town was really nice and everything is super straightforward. Really easy to get round the place.

So pleased that you can start to draw a line under the dreadful circumstances. Enjoy your holiday!!

Soldato
OP
Paphos was really great when we went to an all inclusive there. When we did escape the compound, the town was really nice and everything is super straightforward. Really easy to get round the place.

So pleased that you can start to draw a line under the dreadful circumstances. Enjoy your holiday!!

Thank you mate, I fully intend to. I just need to find the right place. Nothing better there than a sorbet and pineapple juice, down by the water.

The money is a great relief, and I need to be careful with it but while I'll always carry the disability, it does feel like a line has been drawn finally.

Soldato
I know someone who booked via Tui - https://www.tui.co.uk/holidays/accessible-holidays/

They were excellent and well prepared for them as they were also in a wheelchair with some mobility issues.

Might be worth trying a "package" holiday first - you may pay a little more for that but it should be all included rather than trying to find all your own flights /accommodation / transfers etc

Soldato
Firstly it's disgusting you had to wait
So long for your compensation
Glad it's a significant amount in the end up
Though doesn't give you your health back

Turkish Airlines is what my stepson used
Seating was pretty generous according to them
May be worth contacting Airlines directly
Though
To see if your circumstances could get you a seat
Near the wing exit etc
I have Only ever flown to Australia not short haul