Spec me an indoor helicopter

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Personally I wouldn't go for any coaxial heli - you'll get bored of it real quick.

I'd go for something like a Blade MSR straight off the bat.

Soldato
My dad's friend bought a radio controlled petrol-driven aircraft not long after proving himself on a little plastic one.

What did he do? Immediately (on its first flight) fly it directly out of range of his controller, and the petrol just flew the plane off into the distance. :D

LOL

For the original post with amazon linky some reviews say they didn't actually get the Syma but a fake product. This sounds really dodgy!

I always worry about this when not buying direct from Amazon.

I bought this item fully expecting to be delivered a Syma S107. What I actually got was a non-branded (No. 9808) (definitely NOT Syma) chopper, in a completely different box to the one pictured in the description. A quick search of YouTube presents this video of what I received, box and all: So basically, it's a fun little helicopter, but if you're after a GENUINE Syma S107, buy from elsewhere.

Associate
I have two inside RC helicopters, they are both by E-HOBBY one is a 10" scale the other a 7" scale. The 7" is the one i used the most as it comes complete with a usb charger that enables you to charge it when you are on your computer. (what more could you want). all of the parts are easily available and can also be bought off of ebay which is a bit cheaper than e hobby. I have had the 7" one for around 6 months and have crashed it god knows hoe many times and my dog has even used it as a toy once but despite that it has never broke any thing.

WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS COPTER

Associate
But please do not buy the cheapest one, get a reasonably priced rig that you can get replacement parts for and try not to get anything with polythene like the videos at the top. it will only smash and then they are expensive to replace.

Associate
generally tamiya, hpi, lossi and maxxium are very good brands. and yes tamiya have been around probably the longest out of all the makes in the rc world and the parts are very good. are you thinking of getting the electric or nitro kit?

Soldato
So did anyone get any little copters for christmas? I did :D Got me a blue S107g, absolutely amazing little thing! Ive been messing around with it in 6-7 minute bursts since I unwrapped it yesterday, chasing the dog, landing on tricky helipads (coasters) and buzzing the tower (mum). Its had more than a few crashes but thankfully nothings damaged, seems genuinely tough. I keep forgetting to control the ascent/descent when im nearing walls or other objects to crash into, so usually hit the ceiling or panic and let go altogether...

Quick question though, mine seems to move backwards when hovering making the tricky landings a bit of a bother, is there anything i can adjust to fix this? I was thinking maybe a small bit of blu tack on the nose to counteract the weight, but im ideally hoping for a more permanent fix...

Im planning on getting another one, just so i have one to play with while this one is charging, 6-7minutes runtime is pretty dire. I dont suppose there are any replacement parts to get more out of them?

Cheers :)

Soldato
I got the Heliguy Coax.

Damn good fun, although ive had to replace a set of blades and glue the landing gear together from getting too over ambitious flying it from the lounge to the Kitchen.

:D

Man of Honour
Yeah got one of these
http://www.red5.co.uk/u6-pro-gyro-rc-helicopter.aspx

Need some help, it like flying backwards especially at take off. But it doesn't always do it. But it's really annoying. Do I need to add weights or anything?

It also tends to float to the left, not turn just wonders left again doesn't do it all the time.

Amazing fun, already got it tangled up in the Christmas tree.

Permabanned
u6 metal series

my dad got me and my brother 1 for xmas (still to open it)

20111227020950.jpg

Back
Top Bottom