Spec Me an LCD TV for bedroom

Associate
Hi Guys,
I have been given the orders from the missus to get an LCD tv for the bedroom,
Am lookin for the following:
24" - 26" LCD preferably HD ready,
The tv will need to be fixed to a plaster board stud partition wall so need some brackets speccing,
Would also like a TV wireless receiver to send a signal from my Sky downstairs to upstairs.
Any ideas please, budget of about £300.00

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Am now looking for something like a 20"-24" LCD TV.
Would prefer if it was HD ready and defo inbuilt freeview, wall mountable too.
Please Guys some help, done a google and no luck
:confused:

Caporegime
JaseUK said:
Am now looking for something like a 20"-24" LCD TV.
Would prefer if it was HD ready and defo inbuilt freeview, wall mountable too.
Please Guys some help, done a google and no luck
:confused:

HD ready on something that small isnt going to be easily obtainable

for the simple reason that HD television is pointless on a TV that small, as it wont stretch standard resolution enough to show the flaws on it. Get a good quality freeview decoder and DVD player and it will look perfect.

Caporegime
JaseUK said:
Any ideas please, budget of about £300.00

can not be done

give up now

theres 1 TV that i can think of smaller than 26 inches thats HD ready. Its not got freeview and its £400 and thats the 23" philips

If your wanting HD ready and Inbuilt freeview, then your talking 26" LCDs and £500 plus

for your budget (£300) your really gonna stretch to get a decent LCD TV, let alone one with freeview built in.

The 20" Toshiba WLT56 has freeview, but its £400 ish

realisticly, for £300 your talking no freeview, no HD, but you can get it wall mountable, just about every LCD tv in existance has the standard vesa wall mounting holes on them, and you just buy a wallmount to plug into it.

one TV springs to mind, the LG LCD TV 4:3 20" RZ20LA70 , going for £290 on-line. Be warned though, TVs at this price arent going to be patch on proper £500 26" jobs. Expect poor colours, viewing angles etc..

if you want a TV without compromises, your talking £500.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the replies guys,
I will go for a 24" - 26" approx LCD tv without HD and get a stand alone freeview.
I have sky down stairs and would love it on my bedroom TV but i dont want to run another cable. I have looked at those wireless recievers but they get really bad ratings.
What you guys reckon, spec me a nice LCD tv without HD and without freeview (buy this seperate).

Back
Top Bottom