1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spec me an LED Torch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by support_bae, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Deluxe1

Mobster

2. Participant

Caporegime

3. Deluxe1

Mobster

4. Participant

Caporegime

5. Deluxe1

Mobster

You do know that will be nowhere near 50000 lumen? Max lumen for a T6 is under 1000 lumen.

6. Lakeland

Mobster

Any suggestions for a handlebar mountable flood light? A bit of a random one to test you @Deluxe1 :D

To be used as a light on a off-road motorbike, doesn't need to be massively bright
    Not interested in turbo or high modes, it needs to be able to sustain decent output for as long as possible
    Will be in use for up to 6hrs, I'm expecting to need to swap out batteries..
    Tough/waterproof
    Doesn't need to have a bar mount as long as it would be relatively easy to make a 3D printed mount
    Budget up to about £100

7. Deluxe1

Mobster

Fenix BC30 is worth a look at it as you can take the cells out to put some new ones in quickly, quite a few have built in battery packs which can only be charges via usb. You can get this light on ebay for £56.59 if you use the code peachy. I think this code runs out at midnight.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Feni...9:g:zFsAAOSw3xJVWvwq:rk:2:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Another alternative is a headlight (not sure if this would fit over a helmet?) which if you carry a spare cell with you should give you close to 6 hours at 1100 lumens which is really good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HFCR...olid=28WERM4692K00&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

If the Acebeam is possible i would choose that.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  8. Lakeland

Mobster

The Acebeam looks ideal, just need to get some sizes and see if I can get a mount sorted. Cheers!!

9. Ice Tea

Mobster

Eneloop standard or the pro version batteries?

Any suggestions on a battery charger as i see that Energizer types ones can't charge a single battery and need at least 2 plugged in?

10. Deluxe1

Mobster

11. Ice Tea

Mobster

Thanks for the link to the Nitcore charger , that's exactly the sort of thing i was looking for rather than the wall plug type.

Is the digital D4 version a waste of an extra £8?

12. Deluxe1

Mobster

Is it just eneloops you'll be charging if so then yeah.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  13. Ice Tea

Mobster

Just standard eneloops or the pro version.

I see that Nitecore range is so popular that the market is flooded with fake counterfeits which is annoying.

14. Ice Tea

Mobster

If you google " nitecore fake charger " there are loads of links dating back over the last couple of years of fake chargers , has anyone on here been unfortunate enough to get one?

*edit*

Example with Pictures:

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/44203

15. garnett

Mobster

@Lakeland - I have the BC30, and thought it was decent (I used it for commuting along unlit (and pitch black) roads and trails until my commute changed recently). I really like it - it has an optional wired button for mounting on your handlebars that gives you a useful "fullbeam"/turbo option,and is certainly bright and floody enough to light the way...

I'm quite a fan of Fenix ... Their torches and headlights often seem the most efficient in terms of lumen hours (I've also got a HP25 headtorch of theirs - bought primarily for a long overnight walk. The 2 other walkers got Nitecore options and I ended up lending them cells because theirs ran out and mine made it through the night on 2)

16. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

Hi all, need a small, simple torch that I can hold in my mouth whilst I'm working on the computer and the like
    Also want it for other purposes too
    So brighter the better

Max say £20 ?

17. Deluxe1

Mobster

18. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

thanks for that

The other alternative is spend less on one i can grip in my mouth and spend £20 or so on a decent torch ?

19. Deluxe1

Mobster

20. Trappi$t

Perma Banned

Any torches using the "new" 2600 or whatever it is, cell format?